Company: Stewart & Stevenson LLC
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: January 25, 2019
We are Stewart & Stevenson. Our unique line-up of products and services means that you ll get exposure to a broad range of industries including oil & gas, power generation, construction, transportation, marine, mining and agriculture. With more than 1300 employees in 64 locations in the U.S. and abroad, our small, customer-focused teams share a common commitment to the quality and value of service.
Responsible for effectively selling mechanical equipment, machinery, materials, and supplies, such as engines or related equipment and parts, construction machinery, material-handling equipment and industrial machinery, in an assigned territory to achieve maximum sales profitability and growth.
* Generate new customer accounts as well as service and maintain existing accounts. Analyze customer needs and interests and determine how company products and services can best meet their needs.
* Recommend and sell industrial, construction, and oil field machinery, equipment, materials, supplies, and services utilizing knowledge of machine operations.
* Achieve sales goals and forecasts, as established by the department and the organization.
* Assist in marketing and sale of new products and/or prototypes to the existing marketplace.
* Review completed jobs for variations in component costing.
* Interface with other departments, including engineering, manufacturing, production and purchasing, to oversee project development and ensure timely delivery of finished products.
* Monitors sales orders to ensure project costs, materials lists and delivery schedules meets project specifications and deadlines.
* Compute installation or production costs, and prepare and submit bid specifications to existing and potential customers for review. Negotiate proposals and sales and service contracts with customers.
* Establish, maintain and develop business, social and networking relationships with individuals within the petroleum industry in order to generate and maintain a positive business image for the organization within the industry.
* Plan and organize sales strategy.
* Expedite the resolution of customer problems, issues or complaints.
* Ensure strong, effective market share of the products and services by providing direction and information on the products and related services.
* Appraise equipment and verifies customer credit rating to establish trade-in value and contract terms.
* Attend sales and trade meetings and reads related publications to obtain current market condition information, business trends, and industry developments.
* Demonstrate and explain use of installed equipment and production processes.
* Arrange for installation and test-operation of machinery and recommend solutions to product-related problems.
* Evaluate sales performance results.
* Provide management oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, market situation, competitive activities, and potential for new products/services.
* Conduct all business transactions in an ethical manner.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required and three to seven years related experience. Associates or Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
* Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
* Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
* Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
* Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
* Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
* Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
* Ability to effectively present information publicly.
* Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
* The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
* Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
* Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook). Prior experience with JD Edwards systems preferred.
Certificates & Licenses
Ability to build strong presentations for customers and present them in a clear and concise manner. Must follow company pricing guidelines and procedures.
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: Stewart & Stevenson LLC, Fort Pierce , REPRESENTATIVE-SALES -US, Sales , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!