Mental Health Technician
Company: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: August 31, 2019
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN
Full Time Day Shift 0.9 FTE
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed
acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is
home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast
and offers diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic care,
including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include a
24/7 emergency department, pediatric emergency department,
labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology,
nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, and a full range of
inpatient and outpatient general surgical services. Lawnwood
provides the area's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit,
Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and
Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as
Certified Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwood's Physical Rehabilitation
Center is CARF accredited and, for 11 years in a row, the hospital
is a Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of Heart Attack by
Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart
Institute, patients come first - no matter what!
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation's
leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of
America. Historically HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's
World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the Mental Health Tech
performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for
the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks
and responsibilities include:
* Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and
* Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O
* Performs non sterile dressing changes
* Changes bed linens.
* Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care
* Orients and mentors new staff members
* High school graduate or equivalent required
* Current BLS certification as a healthcare provider (American
* CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention), or obtain within 30 days of
* Previous mental health work experience in an acute care
* Working knowledge of medical terminology.
* Customer service abilities including effective listening
* Ability to make quick decisions to report patient condition with
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending,
reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or
equipment up to 50 pounds.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated
with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients
and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual
orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or any other legally protected category in
accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, Fort Pierce , Mental Health Technician, Professions , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!