Company: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: August 10, 2019
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Monitor TechnicianPRN .001 FTE--
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
Facility Description:Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart
Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of
services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute
on the Treasure Coast and offers diagnostic, interventional and
therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital
services include a 24/7 emergency department, pediatric emergency
department, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics,
oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, and a full range
of inpatient and outpatient general surgical services. Lawnwood
provides the area---s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit,
Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and
Comprehensive Stroke Center.--Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint
Commission and designated as Certified Primary Stroke Center.--
Lawnwood---s Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and,
for 11 years in a row, the hospital is a Five-Star Recipient for
the Treatment of Heart Attack by Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional
Medical Center & Heart Institute, patients come first --- no matter
what!--Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the
nation---s leadingprovider of healthcare services, Hospital
Corporation of America. Historically HCAhas been named one of
Ethisphere---s World---s Most Ethical Companies. Join ourtradition
of excellence!--Description:The Monitor Tech monitors
patient's--EKG waveforms in a centralized monitoring station.-- The
position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Interprets Rhythms and Arrhythmias.
- Reports all changes in heart rate/rhythm to appropriate nursing
- Maintains Telemetry Supplies.
- Records patient condition utilizing computerized documentation
- Performs duties with full understanding of related age specific
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.----Qualifications
- High School Graduate or equivalent is preferred
- Current BLS Certification as a--Healthcare Provider (American
- Completion of Basic EKG/Arrhythmia course.-- Demonstrated
ability to interpret cardiac rhythms and arrhythmias.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- CMT/Cardiac experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a monitor tech in a hospital
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Ability to remain focused and maintain concentration over
extended period of time.
- Ability to make quick decisions to report patient condition
with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.------
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, Fort Pierce , Monitor Technician, Professions , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!