General Service Technician
Company: Auto Plus Pep Boys
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: May 8, 2019
OverviewIcahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by
its parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and
operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and
service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium
automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of
Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys? automotive aftermarket
retail and service chain, Auto Plus? automotive aftermarket parts
distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care? owned and franchised
automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total Auto Care franchised
service centers. The businesses of Icahn Automotive total over
22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned and franchise locations
and 25 distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto
Rico.?Position SummaryResponsible for the efficient inspection,
repair and replacement of general automotive parts and accessories.
A successful General Service Technician will serve as the resident
expert in the companies' core services, such as, oil solutions,
battery services and tire installations; and deliver superior
service through educating the customer on the problems and proposed
solutions for their vehicle. The General Service Technician will
conduct a wide variety of inspections and repairs, including but
not limited to fluid exchanges and maintenance services, tire
inspections / installations and bulb, wiper blade and filter
replacements. The General Service Technician may be required to
provide advice to and sell customers on automotive services and
repairs that are recommended or required for their vehicle.?Duties
- Prepare and ship complete orders for delivery or pickup
according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship).
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload,
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space
- Operate and maintain warehouse vehicles and equipment.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures,
rules and regulations.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal skills.
- Other duties as assigned?Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 6 months of relevant experience preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret retail business
reports, professional and/or technical journals, time reports,
operational reports, government regulations, merchandising reports,
plan-o-gram (merchandising) instructions or technical
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages and fractions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in diagram form and deal with several abstract and
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Demands/Work EnvironmentThe physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.?
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.???The
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job.??Physical Demands
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- May drive a vehicle if needed.
- Lifting of heavy equipment > 100 pounds is required.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
Keywords: Auto Plus Pep Boys, Fort Pierce , General Service Technician, Professions , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!