Data Engineer Consultant
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: November 23, 2022
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical
challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really
matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies,
their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity
and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the
forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and
define the way we embrace tomorrow.
What you'll do
Are you passionate about a future that exceeds your expectations?
Here, at AlixPartners your passion becomes your career. We work in
smaller and more senior teams that bring deep industry and
functional knowledge to our clients. You will sit
shoulder-to-shoulder with C-Level executives to address the issues
that sit at the top of their agendas - and often become front-page
If you join our practice, you will work with financially secure,
under-performing, and distressed companies across a variety of
urgent, high impact situations. Our elite professionals are
recognized experts in their respective fields, bringing to bear
their skills and experience to craft measurable, improved outcomes
for our clients.
In this role, you will have the chance to create ELT/ETL workflows,
scripts, visualizations, and statistical models while taking
responsibility for the design, build, test, execution, and support
of data-related activities including but not limited to
integration, profiling, cleansing, and visualizing. The ideal
candidate will have a detailed understanding of the underlying data
and data structures of multiple systems to allow in-depth analysis
of existing and potential data insights.
* Collect data from a wide variety of enterprise databases,
including Redshift, MSSQL, Synapse, Excel, plain or formatted text
* Implement automated data ingestion and transformation
* Enrich client data through external and public sources.
* Build effective, reliable, and robust processes that govern the
data ingestion flow.
* Design database models, efficient table structures, and advanced
schemas that carry out data quality and consistency standards.
* Apply modern modeling approaches, business intelligence patterns,
and data management techniques.
* Rock-solid SQL skills to work with extensive volumes -billions of
rows- of data at various aggregation levels.
* Review and analyze legacy code/scripts to understand data
processing logic and business rules.
* Apply statistical learning toolsets to build predictive models
that enrich, expand, and allow a deeper understanding of data
analyses and solutions.
* Use of interactive data visualization tools, such as Tableau and
Power BI, to present results in a compelling manner, for the
benefit of internal or client teams.
* Ability to tell a convincing story to C-level executives using
visual charts and dashboards.
* Present complicated technical findings to a non-technical
* Collaborate with clients and stakeholders, with the ability to
build relationships, influence, and provide advice to key
* Prepare client-ready documents and compelling presentation
What you'll need
* Bachelor's degree with concentration in Computer Sciences,
Engineering, or another quantitative related field.
* More than three years of experience in roles with similar
* Comfort with big data architectures, both on cloud platforms like
AWS/Azure/others and on-premise.
C#, PowerShell or similar plus familiarity with at least one ETL
tool (such as Alteryx, Data Factory, Data Bricks, SSIS).
* Capability to be a creative, innovative problem solver -but using
* Motivated to discover and learn new analytical techniques and
software tools to improve the quality of our work.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and
Spanish. Proficiency in other languages is a plus.
* Authorized to work in Argentina and travel freely internationally
without restrictions or visa sponsorship.
* Ability and willingness to work long hours and travel to meet
client demands, if necessary.
* Desire to actively engage in geographically dispersed teams.
* Ability to work full time in an office and remote
* Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment;
physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a
computer screen for significant portions of the workday.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive
listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
AlixPartners is a results-driven global consulting firm that
specializes in helping businesses successfully address their most
complex and critical challenges. You can learn more about our
Culture and Career Development opportunities,
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to among other things, race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), status
as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud
Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
Keywords: AlixPartners, Fort Pierce , Data Engineer Consultant, Professions , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!