Certified Operating Room Technologist Endoscopy
Company: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: August 1, 2019
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Certified Operating Room Technician - Endoscopy Unit, PRN
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL--Facility Description:Lawnwood Regional Medical
Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering
a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced
Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast and offers diagnostic,
interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery.
Other hospital services include a 24/7 emergency department,
pediatric emergency department, labor/delivery and birthing,
pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic
services, and a full range of inpatient and outpatient general
surgical services. Lawnwood provides the area---s only Level III
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric
Intensive Care Unit and Comprehensive Stroke Center.--Lawnwood is
accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as Certified
Primary Stroke Center.-- Lawnwood---s Physical Rehabilitation
Center is CARF accredited and, for 11 years in a row, the hospital
is a Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of Heart Attack by
Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart
Institute, patients come first --- no matter what!--Lawnwood
Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation---s leading
provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America.
Historically, HCA has been named one of Ethisphere---s World---s
Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of
excellence!--Position--Description:--The Surgical Technologist
performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and
caring for pre-operative patients. --The tasks and responsibilities
- Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical
- Prepares sterile instrument table.
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations
that could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures that may
include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- Maintains work area.
- Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment, as required.--------Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of a formal surgical technologist program or
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist required
- Current BSL Certification as a--Healthcare Provider (American
- Detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long
periods of time.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds--
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, Fort Pierce , Certified Operating Room Technologist Endoscopy, Other , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!