Team Lead - Night Shift
Company: The Parts House
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: November 24, 2022
*Who are we?*
XL Parts and The Parts House (TPH) a Marubeni Group is the fastest
growing wholesale auto parts supplier in the Southern US. Competing
with the giants in the industry; we listen to understand and then
commit ourselves to providing fast, reliable parts solutions. We
work hard, execute at industry-leading levels, and correct problems
quickly. Our Company strives to constantly innovate by keeping an
open communication line with our customers and thinking outside the
box to meet their requirements.
Our results are driven by our most important asset: our people. We
take pride in our work, our exemplary culture, and our wealth of
career opportunities. Many of our employees have enjoyed a long and
rewarding career at XL Parts and TPH due to the prospect of
advancing in every role and our preference to promote from within.
Most positions offer on-the-job training so that employees gain the
most relevant experience for their roles. We are respectful,
friendly, and offer excellent work-life balance so that our
employees are comfortable staying with us for the long haul.
Job Responsibilities: *
The Distribution Center (DC) Team Lead oversees and assists with
the day-to-day activities of the assigned department and Team
Members, as instructed by the Distribution Center Department
Supervisor. The DC Team Lead acts as a "player-coach," monitoring
and assisting the work of Warehouse Team Members performing a
variety of duties in the warehouse. The DC Lead also assists with
implementing work procedures to improve Safety, Quality, Cost,
Delivery, and Morale within the operation.
Key Job Responsibilities: *
* Oversees and assists with the day-to-day activities of the
assigned department and Team Members, as instructed by the
Distribution Center Department Supervisor.
* Assists with evaluating the performance of team members.
* Provides training, coaching, feedback, motivation, leadership,
and guidance for all assigned Team Members as needed
* Provides Team Member performance feedback to the distribution
* Champions of a safe and clean working environment.
* Monitors Team Member actions to ensure compliance with all
company policies and procedures.
* Delegates and assigns job tasks and coordinates the workflow
within the department.
* Ensures all KPI goals are met and or exceeded.
* Operate a radio frequency (RF) scanner and use the computer
system at times for troubleshooting lost or misplaced product or
when the scanners are not operating.
* Champions continuous improvement opportunities within the
* Acts as the SME and process owner for all functions within the
* Ensures the proper use and accountability of all tools and
* Performs RCA and troubleshooting for any incidents that
negatively affect SQCDM and proposes adequate countermeasures to
* Assist with the development, implementation, and sustainability
* Holds startup and safety meetings with assigned Team Members.
* Maintain proper housekeeping in area of responsibility
Required Qualifications: *
* A high school degree, GED (General Educational Development)
certification, or equivalency. Must be or be able to be an
equipment operator certified including OP, RC, Forklift, Pallet
Jack, and Tugger. Must have prior verifiable experience as a lead
or supervisor or must currently work in the TPH inventory control
* Approach others in a tactful and respectful manner, and display
sound and accurate judgment. Keep commitments, work with integrity,
and uphold organizational values.
* Must be proficient with laptop and RF scanners.
* Able to consistently arrive at work, meetings, and appointments
* Able to adapt to expected and unexpected changes in the work
environment. Mandatory overtime may be required which could include
* Able to speak clearly and persuasively, listen carefully and
respond accordingly, participate in meetings, and read and
* Follow instructions, respond to management directions, take
ownership of personal actions, uphold commitments, and complete
tasks on time. Constantly try to increase productivity and response
* Observe safety and security procedures, determine appropriate
action beyond guidelines, report potentially unsafe conditions and
use equipment and materials in a safe and proper manner. No
non-managerial employees may use a cell phone in the warehouse at
* Must be or be able to be an equipment operator certified
including OP, RC, Forklift, Pallet Jack, and Tugger which includes
a written and performance-based test.
* Previous experience with scanners and pc-based systems
Physical Demands: * Typical 9-hour day to include walking,
squatting, and lifting. To perform the duties of this job the
employee must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
Heavy lifting of 50lbs or more may be required.
XL Parts and The Parts House (TPH) a Marubeni Group is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All employment with XL Parts is contingent
upon a successful background check and drug screen that meets the
Company's guidelines for employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $24.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Night shift
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: The Parts House, Fort Pierce , Team Lead - Night Shift, Other , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!