Custodian - PT (Adult Day Training)
Company: Gulfstream Goodwill Industries
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: September 22, 2022
SCOPE:Maintain the interior and exterior cleanliness of
corporate office buildings; contribute to the mission of Goodwill
by portraying a positive image of the organization, complying with
instructions and prescribed routines, working within the limits of
prescribed routines.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Work from policies, standards, and instructions.
- Clean and disinfect offices, boardroom, meeting rooms, common
areas, restrooms, and break room. Clean windows, mirrors and door
- Sweep, mop, scrub, vacuum and deodorize floors, floor mats and
carpet as needed. Dust and polish desks, chairs, and other
furnishings. Dust blinds, pictures, fixtures, and vents.
- Gather waste from waste containers and remove litter and
debris. Dispose of hazardous materials according to proper
procedures and policy.
- Maintain grounds, performing a range of minor and routine
duties including removing trash from grounds, running sprinklers,
blowing debris, and sweeping or hosing down outside of building to
remove unsightly dirt and debris. Clean outside break areas.
- Check and maintain cleaning supplies and replacement stock
regularly, notify supervisor when inventory needs to be
- Mix cleaning cleaners or cleaning chemicals to achieve optimal
- Inspect restrooms and break rooms and notify supervisor of
needed repairs in these areas as well as any others on the
property.OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill
mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to
become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force
groups as directed and maintain required level of knowledge
pertaining to operating procedures, requirements, processes, and
- Follow safety rules, ensure safe operating conditions are
followed within area of responsibility, wear required personal
protective equipment and clothing, and keep work area in clean and
- Perform or assist with any assignments as required or
directed.KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Three months cleaning or janitorial experience preferred.
- Ability to read and understand product labels written in
- Ability to push heavy cleaning equipment, such as cleaning
station supplies, vacuum cleaners, trash cans, etc.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete work assignments
- Heavy lifting and carrying in excess of 20 lbs.
- Repetitive walking, standing, pushing, pulling, stretching,
reaching, kneeling stooping and bendingTOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
USED:Cleaning chemicals, brooms, vacuum, mops, hose, waste
containers, rolling waste receptacle, waste container liners,
cleaning materials, and other standard equipment and required
personal protective equipment and clothing.Pay Rate:
$10.50/hourPowered by JazzHR
Keywords: Gulfstream Goodwill Industries, Fort Pierce , Custodian - PT (Adult Day Training), Other , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!