Manufacturing Excellence Leader
Company: IPEX Group of Companies
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: January 6, 2022
Silver-Line-- Plastics LLC is a manufacturer of the industry's
highest quality plastic pipe, with a comprehensive product
offering, featuring PVC, CPVC, PE and PEX, with state-of-the-art
production facilities in Asheville, North Carolina; Lawton,
Oklahoma; and Fort Pierce, Florida. Silver-Line is known as an
industry leader, focusing on innovation, timely delivery, and
Silver-Line Plastics is a member of the IPEX group of
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Manufacturing
Excellence Leader! This role is based in our facility in Fort
Pierce, Florida, and reports to the Plant Manager.
The Manufacturing Excellence Leader will be responsible for
supporting the extrusion operations team in the planning,
coordinating, and leading of manufacturing activities within the
company. This position has direct responsibility in supporting the
planning, execution and sustainment of Kaizen and Lean
manufacturing related events within value stream team(s). The
incumbent will also assist in the implementation of the Divisional
Health, Safety & Environment / Quality
- Ensure a Safety-First culture and support Aliaxis Divisional &
Global Safety standards deployment
- Support the implementation of the Divisional HS&E strategy,
ensure site accountability and report progress, events and
initiatives to Plant Management and Divisional Leadership.
- Develop a divisional organization structure to deliver
Manufacturing Excellence across the region ensuring alignment,
discipline and financial targets are achieved.
- Assist and support the businesses to deliver against the
manufacturing excellence KPIs, including developing tools to track
and verify the critical metrics.
- Contribute and support implementation of Division wide projects
and initiatives through ongoing liaison with key partners.
- Conducts site preparation, performs site audits and
- Share and implement best practices from across the
- Support day to day plant operations with problem solving, root
cause analysis, and solutions implementation to address operational
- Contribute to the development of Best Place to Work
- Ensure that Group organizational standards for management for
Health and Safety, Quality, ISO14001, Corporate Policy, Customer
Excellence and business values are adhered to during project
- Responsible for executing manufacturing excellence goals and
execution plant wide to achieve performance, financial and staff
- Facilitates, assists, and develops shop floor excellence
operations and removes barriers for employees to meet measurable
- Deploys and participates in Gemba walks and mentoring employees
on 5S/standard work/visual management
development/modification/adherence, M.D.I., continuous improvement,
flow, and problem solving and other lean methods, techniques and
- Attends to individual needs to help develop a culture of change
- Participates in the training and development of plant employees
in excellence program.
- Support planning, execution and sustainment of Kaizen and Lean
manufacturing related events within value stream team(s).
- Track and report program progress and discuss findings with
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or another related Technical
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma Certification.
- 5yrs of proven successful experience in leading projects, with
focus on continuous improvement projects.
- Computer skills, including all Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Plastics manufacturing and extrusion is an
- Demonstrate a strong personal ownership to operational
performance and excellence.
- Effective at engaging and leading partners across all levels
and businesses in order to realize operational goals and
- Flexible, adaptable, and self-motivated.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Required to travel 5 to 10% of the time.
Silver-Line Plastics is committed to providing accommodations for
people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and,
upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide
suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the
applicant's accessibility needs due to disability. Accommodation
requests are available to candidates taking part in all aspects of
the selection process for IPEX jobs. To request an accommodation,
please contact HR at HR@ipexna.com
Keywords: IPEX Group of Companies, Fort Pierce , Manufacturing Excellence Leader, Other , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!