HVAC Mechanic - Ft. Pierce
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Performs maintenance, diagnostic testing, overhauling,
installation, and repairs on a large variety of extremely
sophisticated refrigeration, dehumidification, air-conditioning,
ventilation, and heating systems equipment. The systems serve
critically controlled environmental installations. Researches
specifications as provided by other parties and make installation
corrections required to ensure proper function of equipment as
required by tenant agency requirements.
- Perform HVAC service calls and preventive maintenance on HVAC
- Perform equipment repairs including carpentry, painting,
plumbing and electrical tasks through use of varied types of test
equipment such as voltmeters, amprobes, psychrometers, capacitor
analyzer, temperature testers, leak detectors, micrometer, CO2
testers, vacuum gauges, and megohmmeters.
- Communicate service details with customers and
- Enter job scope and time into computer and complete repair
- Connect motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity
controls and circulating fans to control panels and connect panels
to power source; install air and water filters in completed
installation, inject small amount of refrigerant into compressor to
test system and adds refrigerant into compressor to test system and
adds for freon gas to build up operating pressure.
- Install, modify and repair refrigeration - hermetic,
semi-hermetic, mechanical, screw, scroll and centrifugal units to
1100 tons; air conditioning, ventilation; reverse osmosis systems,
computer rooms; process coolers; ice machines; evaporative cooling;
air compressing and related control systems, including pneumatic,
DDC, and building control systems equipment. Perform difficult
installation tasks involving assembly, testing, calibrating, and
adjusting of temperature control and environmental control systems
such as air conditioning plants, air environmental control systems,
air distribution systems and complex dual equipment cooling
installations, specialized refrigerated warehouses and facilities,
and evaporative mechanical ventilation, and dehumidification
- Install new or repaired component and performs complex
modifications of systems and components in accordance with
applicable electrical publications and directives and will maintain
and repair specialized laboratory equipment such as fume hoods,
de-ionized water systems, bio-clean systems, vacuum systems,
cascade refrigeration systems, and laboratory sinks. Perform
complex repair of systems component such as compressors,
condensers, heat pumps regulators, fluid and refrigerant gas lines
valves, meters, gages, thermostats, pumps, mechanical linkage, and
electrical sensing, switching and controlling devices including
pneumatic controls, variable speed drives, digital controlled
devices, electronic, hydraulic heating and cooling and economizer
- Observe pressure and vacuum gauges and adjusts controls to
insure proper operation, tests joints and connections for gas
leaks, using gauges or soap-and-water solution, wraps pipes in
insulation batting and secures them in place with cement or wire
bands, replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches,
fuses and electrical wiring to repair installed units, may install,
repair and service air conditioners, ranging from fifteen to twenty
tons cooling capacity in warehouses and small factory
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of two (5) years' experience in building
- Must have at least five (5) years commercial HVAC
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Holds a valid and current Universal EPA Certification.
- Knowledge of HVAC, chilled water systems.
- Any combination of education, training, and experience which
demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as
described including related work experience in one or more of the
- Must be able and willing and able to work on lighting to
include changing of bulbs and ballasts as needed; plumbing to
include plunging, repair and installation as needed.
- Must be able to use hand power tools and basic hand tools.
- Must be able to lift and work with heavy equipment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government
background security clearance through Homeland Security.
- Must be able to cover on-call as scheduled.
- Must be proficient in English and must be able to read, write,
speak and understand English.
- Must have basic reading and writing skills.
- Basic computer skills and able to learn new systems.
- Prior knowledge of working with Building Automation Systems [
BAS ] is a plus.
- Knowledge of ASHRAE regulations.
- Able work effectively within a team.
- Working knowledge of carpentry, painting, and electrical
- Focused on providing strong customer service.
- Able to prioritize tasks and manage time to meet
- Able to perform job responsibilities with minimal
- Able to work with others in a professional manner.
- Work in accordance with established safety procedures.
Must be able to regularly and punctually arrive at the work
site, located on a military installation. Transport is not
available from the base gate to the worksite. Must have or be able
to attain a valid Florida state driver's license and be insurable
on the company's automobile insurance policy.
Driving may be required when traveling and/or short occasional
amounts of local driving. The expected driving time may be up to
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on
the company website, https://katmaicorp.com/life-at-katmai/
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law. https://katmaicorp.com/life-at-katmai/#equal_opportunity
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders, Spouses of
Shareholders, and Descendants of Shareholders in accordance with
Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2000e - 2(i).
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and
employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing,
or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other
applicants or employees.
High School Diploma / GED
0 - 25%
Keywords: Katmai, Fort Pierce , HVAC Mechanic - Ft. Pierce, Other , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!