CDL-A Delivery Driver - Recent Grads Welcome - Ft Pierce
Company: Performance Food Group
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: June 12, 2021
- $69,000 - $80,000 Average Salary the 1st year!
- $5,000 Referral Bonus
- This driver role is responsible for driving a tractor trailer
or straight truck intrastate and/or interstate on local,
over-the-road (OTR), shuttle, and/or overnight routes to customers
according to a predetermined delivery schedule.
- Perform all required safety checks (i.e. pre/post trip)
including inspections of tractor/truck and trailer according to
Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and take appropriate
action as needed. Follow all DOT and company safe driving
guidelines and policies.
- Report all safety issues and/or repairs as required.
- Physical requirements include but are not limited to standing,
walking, reaching, lifting, stacking or pulling products of various
sizes, on shelves of various heights, weighing between 10-90lbs
throughout the shift.
- Utilize two-wheeler, operate lift gate and/or other equipment
to move and/or stack product cases/freight into designated customer
- Inspect and ensure that tractor and trailer/freight are
properly loaded, locked and secured at all times.
- Perform count checks and review customer invoices. Complete in
an accurate and legible fashion all required paper work associated
- Perform damage control checks and remove/reload orders
according to company policy.
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper
- Unload damaged goods and customer returns, bring to the driver
check-in and complete necessary paperwork.
- Maintain a clean and organized tractor and trailer. Unload all
equipment, materials and remove all trash as required.
- Ensure that loading dock area is clear and clean.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
4-5 day work week
Sunday-Friday (occasional Saturday)
Days will vary, must be flexible
- 1+ years of commercial driving experience
- Foodservice distribution industry experience
- Onboard computer and electronic log system experience (i.e.
- Hand-held point of delivery scanning system experience (i.e.
- Customer service related work experience
- Reliable employee- No attendance/ tardy issues
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be able to work the assigned schedule
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements listed in the
- Pass road test
- Valid CDL Class A and DOT Medical Card
- Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements
- Must be 21 years of age
- Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
- Pass a post offer DOT drug screen, DOT physical and criminal
Keywords: Performance Food Group, Fort Pierce , CDL-A Delivery Driver - Recent Grads Welcome - Ft Pierce, Other , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!