Assist to lead, coordinate, monitor and direct the movement,
location, storage, organization, and loading of donations and
salvage goods in warehouse; contribute to the mission of Goodwill
by portraying a positive image and maximizing revenues of the
organization, working within the limits of prescribed routines.
1. Operate forklift to move goods and salvage as required.
Assist to load daily delivery and salvage trucks. Operate salvage
machine as needed.
2. Check that daily supply needs for bins, bailing wire, boxes,
and other related supplies are met. Notify leader of need to
replenish supply inventory and request reorders when necessary.
3. Assist to inspect warehouse for cleanliness, inventory
levels, and proper operating procedures. Ensure that material is
properly stored and moved within the warehouse.
4. Complete periodic reports on salvage available for sale, bin
counts, worker headcounts, work time, and any other information as
5. Provide training to workers regarding safe operating
procedures. Verify that all safety equipment is in good operating
condition and all safety procedures are being followed. Notify
supervisor of safety violations.
6. Work from schedules, inventory records, procedures,
instructions, and other similar documentation.
7. Suggest schedules and staff assignments based on priorities,
schedules, equipment, and staff capabilities. Collect, track, and
record hours reported for employees.
8. Monitor operations for efficiency and respond to inquiries
and resolve problems.
9. Assist with truck deliveries or drive van for special pick
ups or deliveries as needed.
10. Make certain trash is picked up at various locations.
11. Administer loss prevention policies and procedures as
prescribed. Remain observant of security to identify theft and
prevent damage. Remain observant of security to identify theft and
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill
mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to
become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
2. Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task
force groups as directed and maintain required level of knowledge
pertaining to operating procedures, requirements, processes, and
3. Follow safety rules, ensure safe operating conditions are
followed within area of responsibility, wear required personal
protective equipment and clothing, and keep work area in clean and
4. Perform or assist with any assignments as required or
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Ability to communicate clearly in English and understand
verbal/written instructions for clear communication, including the
ability to write.
2. Minimum one (1) year related experience preferred.
3. Experience in usage of forklift.
4. Experience using salvage machine and similar experience
5. Legible handwriting necessary for completion of forms.
6. Must have a valid Florida driver's license with acceptable
driving record for insurability under company insurance.
1. Prolonged standing and walking
2. Heavy lifting, moving and carrying in excess of 50 lbs.
3. Repetitive pushing, pulling, stretching, reaching, kneeling
stooping and bending
4. Manipulation of forklift and pallet jack
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Forklift, hand truck, pallet jack, ladder, equipment lift,
salvage machine, and similar equipment, and required personal
protective equipment and clothing.
Pay Rate: $10.75/hour