Job ID: 230479
Preferred Materials - Concrete Division, part of Oldcastle
Materials Southeast Division, is a leading supplier of ready mix
concrete, concrete block, rebar and building materials in the state
of Florida, providing the highest product quality and service in
the construction industry. With headquarters in Bonita Springs,
Florida, and operations in five key Florida markets, Preferred
Materials provides municipalities, developers, architects,
engineers, contractors, builders and suppliers a wide variety of
construction materials and products. Our employees make Preferred
Materials a great place to work. We promote a strong safety
culture, where employees take responsibility for their own
Provide basic physical labor associated with the placement and
finishing of concrete. Finished product must conform to the
architectural specifications, and be completed using established
principles of structural concrete. Assists gunite crew with set up
and break down of jobsite(s) to include protection of the
environment, and surrounding property.
In training/transition to become a Nozzleman.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to work on time when scheduled.
- Safely operates power equipment and hand tools while preforming
all duties in conformance to appropriate safety standards and
established principles of structural concrete.
- Assists gunite crew with placement of plastic to protect area
surrounding equipment and work areas.
- Assists gunite crew in set up / break down of jobsite tools and
- Works to insure that the finished product meets the
Skills and Job Knowledge Level:
- 1+ year(s) of prior Bottom Finisher experience
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions common
to the construction industry.
- Working knowledge of the methods, materials and tools used in
the construction industry
- Skill in operation of tools and equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written
- Ability to perform heavy manual task under varying weather
- Basic understanding of the fundamental principles of structural
- Ability and willingness to learn how to read and follow
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North
America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the
hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid
to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas
family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified
structure, letting you work in a small company environment while
having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a
rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply
today! Please complete your online application and profile which
will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you
for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Preferred Materials, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on
Date Posted: May 23, 2021