Licensed Speech Pathologist, Full-time, benefits available first day of employment
Company: Encompass Health
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: May 13, 2019
The Speech-Language Pathologist provides speech-language therapy
treatment and patient care according to hospital, state,
professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In addition,
- Requires effective communication skills for working with
patients, families, and caregivers.
- Requires effective communication skills for departmental and
- Requires competency in speech-language pathology evaluation,
assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Requires task delegation and supervision of fellows, technicians
and assistants (when applicable).
- Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital
departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are
met.The Speech-Language Pathologist creates an environment and
culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by
providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.Job Code:
100031License or Certification:
- Must be in possession of current state license or certification
on or before the first day of employment.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital
Education, Training and Experience
- Successful completion of an accredited Master's Degree Program or
accredited Bachelor's Degree Program plus sufficient experience in
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax
machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a
minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or
pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and
repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested
when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds
these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet
deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or
night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations,
i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster
situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
Address: 1600 37th Street, Vero Beach 32960
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1916425
Keywords: Encompass Health, Fort Pierce , Licensed Speech Pathologist, Full-time, benefits available first day of employment, Human Resources , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!