Senior Payroll Specialist
Company: Indian River State College
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Job Description Working at IRSC has its perks! In addition to
helping drive change and having a positive impact by supporting our
students, staff, and faculty, IRSC offers a comprehensive benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Flexible
- Paid time off, including annual and sick leave and paid
- Florida Retirement System (FRS) participation
- Voluntary participation in 403(b) and 457(b) deferred
compensation plans JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision, the
Senior Payroll Specialist encompasses a high level of
responsibilities for the Payroll Department. Responsibilities
include reconciling, monitoring, calculating and adjusting payroll
related items. SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Calculates adjustments to employee salaries.
- Enters pay assignments for full and part-time employees when
- Maintains voluntary deductions and direct deposit
- Electronic maintenance of compensatory time.
- Enters electronic disbursement requests for deductions.
- Maintains COBRA and Retiree insurance payments.
- Calculates and producing manual checks as needed.
- Compiles and maintains various reports such as the Unemployment
Compensation report and the Department of Labor Workers
Compensation Self-insurers report.
- Assists employees in understanding their earnings, taxes, or
- Maintains the employee compensated leave system.
- Completes all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree; three (3) years related work experience in a
- Knowledge of an ERP accounting system
- Broad knowledge of payroll principles and practices.
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Office and Windows based
- Ability to work independently as well as with others and be
- Independent decision making.
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Confidentiality of sensitive information. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This position classifies the physical exertion requirements as
sedentary work involving lifting no more than 10 pounds at a time
and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like docket files,
ledgers, and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as
one which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and
standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are
sedentary if walking and standing are required occasionally, and
other sedentary criteria are met. This description is intended to
indicate typical kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that
will be required of positions given this title and shall not be
construed as declaring every specific duty and responsibility of
the particular position. This job description is not intended to be
a contract for employment, and the employer reserves the right to
make any necessary revisions to the job description at any time
without notice. Classification Staff Supervisory No FLSA Exempt No
Employment Type Regular Compensation and Application Deadline Pay
range starts at: $20.07/hour. All salary calculations start at the
minimum salary and will be based on candidate's education and
experience. Open until filled. -
Keywords: Indian River State College, Fort Pierce , Senior Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!