Rest Area Team Leader - FT
Company: Gulfstream Goodwill Industries
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Assist Rest Area Supervisor with supervision of attendants engaged
in custodial care of assigned highway rest areas; responsible for
all grounds maintenance at Rest Area locations; maintain equipment
and facilities; and contribute to the mission of Goodwill by
presenting a positive image to the community, within the
limitations of standard methods and procedures.
- Mow all rest area locations, including down to water lines and
back to property lines using push mowers or zero-turn lawn
tractors; trim hedges; edge along walkways and flower beds; weed
eat where needed; collect and dispose of dead vegetation, downed
palm fronds and branches, etc. Trim trees up to regulated
- Apply herbicide and pesticide as needed.
- Assist with the supervision of employees to provide all
janitorial services to rest areas facilities, external and
internal, including restrooms, entryways, picnic areas and
- Direct staff to special project assignments. Assist to train
new employees; follow up and check the work of all attendants. Fill
in for open shifts on short notice.
- Assist with inventory and request supplies.
- Perform preventative maintenance on lawn equipment; sharpen or
change mower blades as needed. Perform minor facility repairs to
buildings and preventative maintenance on custodial equipment.
- Assist in reviewing payroll timesheets.
- Maintain safety standards for staff and assigned facilities.
Determine safe operating procedures for staff and provide
accommodations as needed.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill
mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to
become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force
groups as directed and maintain required level of knowledge
pertaining to operating procedures, requirements, processes, and
- Follow safety rules, ensure safe operating conditions are
followed within area of responsibility, wear required personal
protective equipment and clothing, and keep work area in clean and
- Perform or assist with any assignments as required or
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience and education equivalent to High School Diploma or
- Minimum one (1) year lawn maintenance required; custodial and
supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English and understand
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of people in a positive
manner; excellent customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to
communicate with co-workers and the general public in a courteous
and professional manner.
- Ability to adhere to all safety procedures during all
undertakings while on the job
- Must have a valid Florida driver's license, valid insurance,
reliable transportation for travel to outlying locations and the
ability to be insured under the company's vehicle insurance
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Physically agile; bending, lifting, stooping and
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Use computer, related software, lawn tractor, lawn care equipment,
hand tools, floor cleaning equipment, brooms, hoses, and required
personal protective equipment and clothing.
8am to 4:30pm days & times may vary. (40 hours full-time).
Pay rate $11.75/ hour
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Gulfstream Goodwill Industries, Fort Pierce , Rest Area Team Leader - FT, Hospitality & Tourism , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!