RN / Manager / Florida / Permanent / Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manage
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: November 25, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
RN Case ManagerFull-time FTE 1.0 Lawnwood RegionalMedical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
Lawnwood RegionalMedical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed
acute-care hospital offeringa full range of services. Lawnwood is
home to the most experienced HeartInstitute on the Treasure Coast
and offers diagnostic, interventional andtherapeutic care,
including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services includea 24/7
emergency department, pediatric emergency department,
labor/delivery andbirthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology,
nuclear medicine, diagnosticservices, and a full range of inpatient
and outpatient general surgicalservices. Lawnwood provides the
areas only Level III Neonatal Intensive CareUnit, Level II Trauma
Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and ComprehensiveStroke
Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as
CertifiedPrimary Stroke Center. Lawnwoods Physical Rehabilitation
Center is CARFaccredited and, for 11 years in a row, the hospital
is a Five-Star Recipientfor the Treatment of Heart Attack by
Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional MedicalCenter & Heart Institute,
patients come first no matter what!
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center isa member of the nations leading
provider of healthcare services, HospitalCorporation of America.
Historically HCA has been named one of EthispheresWorlds Most
Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We
offer you anexcellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellentbenefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and yourability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO,
medical,dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, employeediscount program, employee stock purchase
program, and student loan repayment. Position Description:
The RN Case Managerworks with physicians and other members of the
multidisciplinary team todevelop a plan for each patient from
admission to discharge. The tasks andresponsibilities include:
- Performs continuous assessments and evaluations to ensure
patient is progressing towards desired outcomes.
- Assesses and responds to patient/family needs by coordinating
efforts of other team members.
- Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective patient
- Collaborates and consults with physicians on patient's progress
and discharge planning needs.
- Performs utilization review ensuring admissions meet criteria
for appropriateness of care and medical necessity.
- Manages the process to review and, as appropriate, appeal
denials received from payors.
- Coordinates the discharge planning process ensuring involvement
of all members of the healthcare team. Counsels with patients and
family members in decision making and in meeting psycho social
needs of the patient.
- Maintains knowledge of resources and facilities available to
patients and family members.
- Collaborates with personnel at other facilities to coordinate
smooth and effective patient transfers and transitions.
- Compiles, evaluates, and reports statistics to members of the
team and utilizes the information to facilitate process improvement
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Qualifications
- Current FL RN Licensure
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing; BSN
- BLS required
- Minimum 1-3+ years of clinical nursing experience - preferably
in an acute hospital environment
- Previous Case Management experience highly preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision meeting firm deadlines
Notice Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
Keywords: HCA., Fort Pierce , RN / Manager / Florida / Permanent / Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manage, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!