RN / Registered Nurse / Florida / Permanent / Registered Nurse (RN) Op
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: February 3, 2020
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
**Sign On Bonus Available For Those Who Qualify! Registered Nurse,
Operating Room, Full-Time (.9 FTE), Days
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL Facility Description: Lawnwood Regional Medical
Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering
a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced
Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast and offers diagnostic,
interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery.
Other hospital services include a 24/7 emergency department,
pediatric emergency department, labor/delivery and birthing,
pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic
services, and a full range of inpatient and outpatient general
surgical services. Lawnwood provides the areas only Level III
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric
Intensive Care Unit and Comprehensive Stroke Center. Lawnwood is
accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as Certified
Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwoods Physical Rehabilitation Center is
CARF accredited and the hospital is a Five-Star Recipient for the
Treatment of Heart Attack by Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional
Medical Center & Heart Institute, patients come first no matter
what! Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the nations
leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of
America. Historically, HCA has been named one of Ethispheres Worlds
Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits:
We offer you anexcellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellentbenefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and yourability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO,
medical,dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, student loan repayment, employeediscount program,
and employee stock purchase program.
Job Description: The Operating Room RN provides nursing care in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the
patient before, during and after a surgical procedure.
- Provides nursing care to the patient undergoing surgical
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Participates in the care of patients receiving conscious
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, applies dressings, monitors
- Assists physician during procedures.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations
which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Coordinates the operating room with respect to sterility,
cleanliness, availability of functioning equipment and
- Ensures the proper handling of specimens.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Qualifications
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions).
- Current BLS & ACLS Certifications as a Healthcare Provider
(American Heart Association).
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
Keywords: HCA., Fort Pierce , RN / Registered Nurse / Florida / Permanent / Registered Nurse (RN) Op, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!