Charge Nurse (RN) Psychiatric Adolescent
Company: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: October 9, 2019
Description SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Charge Nurse (RN)--Behavioral Health Adolescent Unit--
Part Time Mixed Shifts 0.6 FTELawnwood Regional Medical CenteFort
Sign on bonus offered to qualified candidates!--Facility
Description:Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a
380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services.
Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the
Treasure Coast and offers diagnostic, interventional and
therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital
services include a 24/7 emergency department, pediatric emergency
department, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics,
oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, and a full range
of inpatient and outpatient general surgical services. Lawnwood
provides the area---s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit,
Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and
Comprehensive Stroke Center.--Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint
Commission and designated as Certified Primary Stroke Center.--
Lawnwood---s Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and,
for 11 years in a row, the hospital is a Five-Star Recipient for
the Treatment of Heart Attack by Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional
Medical Center & Heart Institute, patients come first --- no matter
what!--Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the
nation---s leadingprovider of healthcare services, Hospital
Corporation of America. Historically HCAhas been named one of
Ethisphere---s World---s Most Ethical Companies. Join ourtradition
of excellence!--Benefits:We offer you an excellent total
compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent
benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team
and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits
include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life,
disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment, employee
discount program, and employee stock purchase program.--
Description:The Charge Nurse supervises nursing service activities
in assigned nursing unit for the duration of the assigned shift or
in the absence of nursing management.-- The task and
responsibilities of this position include:
- Participates actively in the planning and distribution of
- Evaluates the effectiveness of care and addresses any issues
that affect the desired patient outcomes.
- Supports nursing staff in communication with physicians to
include accepting doctors' orders and communicating patient
- Facilitates the process of reporting patient status to the
following shift of nursing personnel.
- Manages the nursing care of assigned patients in accordance
with established policies, procedures and protocols of the
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.--
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.--
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.----Qualifications
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions)
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical nursing experience.
- 1 --- 3 years of RN Charge experience.
- Current BLS certification (American Heart Association) as
- CPI Certification
- Ability to perform Administrative duties as assigned.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.--
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, Fort Pierce , Charge Nurse (RN) Psychiatric Adolescent, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!