Registered Nurse (RN) Labor and Delivery
Company: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: October 5, 2019
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
RN, L&D, PRN, .001 FTE
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL
Sign on bonus / relocation assistance available to qualifying
candidates...inquire with Recruiter
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed
acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is
home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast
and offers diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic care,
including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include a
24/7 emergency department, pediatric emergency department,
labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology,
nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, and a full range of
inpatient and outpatient general surgical services. Lawnwood
provides the area's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit,
Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and
Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as
Certified Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwood's Physical Rehabilitation
Center is CARF accredited and, for 11 years in a row, the hospital
is a Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of Heart Attack by
Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart
Institute, patients come first - no matter what!
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation's
leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of
America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most
Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and
Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
The L&D RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with
established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
* Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
* Carries out physician orders.
* Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
* Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Instructs and educates patients and families.
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with
members of the healthcare team.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment
Required Job Qualifications include:
* Current licensure as a FL RN
* Current certification as a BLS/ACLS/NRP Healthcare Provider.
* Fetal Monitoring
* Previous L&D experience required
* Customer service abilities including effective listening
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending,
reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or
equipment up to 50 pounds.
Keywords: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, Fort Pierce , Registered Nurse (RN) Labor and Delivery, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!