Charge Nurse (RN) Behavioral Health
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: August 4, 2019
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Charge Nurse (RN) Behavioral Health, Adolescent Unit Full Time (FTE
.9) Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
Sign on bonus offered for qualified candidates! Facility
Description: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is
a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services.
Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the
Treasure Coast and offers diagnostic, interventional and
therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital
services include a 24/7 emergency department, pediatric emergency
department, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics,
oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, and a full range
of inpatient and outpatient general surgical services. Lawnwood
provides the areas only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit,
Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and
Comprehensive Stroke Center. Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint
Commission and designated as Certified Primary Stroke Center.
Lawnwoods Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and,
for 11 years in a row, the hospital is a Five-Star Recipient for
the Treatment of Heart Attack by Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional
Medical Center & Heart Institute, patients come first no matter
what! Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the nations
leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of
America. HCA has been named one of Ethispheres Worlds Most Ethical
Companies for ten consecutive years. Join our tradition of
excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for
Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical
Insurance. Position Description: The Charge Nurse supervises
nursing service activities in assigned nursing unit for the
duration of the assigned shift or in the absence of nursing
management. The task and responsibilities of this position include:
- Participates actively in the planning and distribution of
- Evaluates the effectiveness of care and addresses any issues
that affect the desired patient outcomes.
- Supports nursing staff in communication with physicians to
include accepting doctors' orders and communicating patient
- Facilitates the process of reporting patient status to the
following shift of nursing personnel.
- Manages the nursing care of assigned patients in accordance
with established policies, procedures and protocols of the
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Qualifications Position Qualifications:
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions)
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical nursing experience.
- 1 3 years of RN Charge experience.
- Current BLS certification (American Heart Association) as a
- CPI Certification
- Ability to perform Administrative duties as assigned.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Keywords: HCA., Fort Pierce , Charge Nurse (RN) Behavioral Health, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!