Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Medical Surgical
Company: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: August 1, 2019
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)Oncology Medical Surgical PRN FTE
0.1Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
Facility Description:--Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart
Institute is a 365-bed acute care hospital. Home to the Treasure
Coast Level II Trauma Center, it provides life-saving care for
patients with critical injuries from St. Lucie, Indian River,
Okeechobee and Martin counties. Specialty services include a full
range of cardiac care from diagnostics to open-heart surgery,
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Behavioral Health, and an Inpatient
Physical Rehabilitation Center.In 2014, Children---s Services
expanded, a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and the new
Pediatric ER opened. These dedicated services for the smallest and
the sickest children provide quality, child-friendly care, close to
home.Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated
as a Top Performer and a Certified Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwood
is the only hospital on the Treasure Cost with a Truven Top 50
Cardiovascular Hospital designation and CARF Accreditation. At
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute, patients come
first --- no matter what!
--Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation---s
leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of
America. Historically HCA has been named one of Ethisphere---s
World---s Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.--
Working under the supervision of a nursing, the--CNA performs
various patient care activities necessary in caring for the
personal needs and comfort of patients.--The position's tasks and
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal
- Serves and collects food trays.-- Assists with patient
- Transports, positions-- and drapes patients for exams and
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.--
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Qualifications Required Job Qualifications
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
- Successful completion of a nursing assistant training
- State certification as a CNA
- Previous hospital experience preferred
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition
with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, Fort Pierce , Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Medical Surgical, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!