Registered Nurse Critical Care Step Down
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: July 13, 2019
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse Critical Care Step Down Unit Full Time Day Shift
0.9 FTE Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL Facility Description: Lawnwood Regional Medical
Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering
a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced
Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast and offers diagnostic,
interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery.
Other hospital services include a 24/7 emergency department,
pediatric emergency department, labor/delivery and birthing,
pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic
services, and a full range of inpatient and outpatient general
surgical services. Lawnwood provides the areas only Level III
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric
Intensive Care Unit and Comprehensive Stroke Center. Lawnwood is
accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as Certified
Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwoods Physical Rehabilitation Center is
CARF accredited and, for 11 years in a row, the hospital is a
Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of Heart Attack by
Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart
Institute, patients come first no matter what!
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the nations
leadingprovider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of
America. Historically HCAhas been named one of Ethispheres Worlds
Most Ethical Companies. Join ourtradition of excellence!
The Progressive Care Unit at Lawnwood is moving in an innovative
and positive direction to ensure that every patient has an
excellent experience and staff have their voices heard. Benefits:
We offer you anexcellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellentbenefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and yourability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO,
medical,dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, employeediscount program, and employee stock
purchase program. Description: The CCSD RN provides direct nursing
care in accordance with established policies, procedures and
protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Qualifications
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or recognized
compact licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements,
including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Current BLS & ACLS certification as a Healthcare Provider
(American Heart Association)
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Keywords: HCA., Fort Pierce , Registered Nurse Critical Care Step Down, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!