Registered Nurse (RN), Behavioral Health, Adolescent Unit, PRN
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: June 11, 2019
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Nurse, Behavioral Health, Adolescent Unit, PRN (.001
FTE) Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL Facility Description: Lawnwood Regional Medical
Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering
a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced
Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast and offers diagnostic,
interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery.
Other hospital services include a 24/7 emergency department,
pediatric emergency department, labor/delivery and birthing,
pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic
services, and a full range of inpatient and outpatient general
surgical services. Lawnwood provides the areas only Level III
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric
Intensive Care Unit and Comprehensive Stroke Center. Lawnwood is
accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as Certified
Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwoods Physical Rehabilitation Center is
CARF accredited and, for 11 years in a row, the hospital is a
Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of Heart Attack by
Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart
Institute, patients come first no matter what! Lawnwood Regional
Medical Center is a member of the nations leading provider of
healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been
named one of Ethispheres Worlds Most Ethical Companies for ten
consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Position
Description: The Mental Health RN manages the nursing care of
patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and
protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and
- Performs initial and on-going physical and psychosocial
assessment according to accepted standards of nursing
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Participates in treatment team conferences to assist in
planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions
appropriate to the age-related and problem-specific needs of each
- Implements nursing plan of care for assigned patients and
conducts and/or co-leads group therapy sessions for patients.
- Evaluates patient's response to interventions and revises
nursing plan of care as needed.
- Collaborates with the treatment team to revise goals,
objectives and interventions appropriate to the changes in patient
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Qualifications Position Qualifications:
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current BLS Certification as a Healthcare Provider (American
- Current certification in CPI, or obtain within 30 days of
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Previous work experience on an acute Psychiatric Unit
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Keywords: HCA., Fort Pierce , Registered Nurse (RN), Behavioral Health, Adolescent Unit, PRN, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!