Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit Full Time Nights
Company: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: March 3, 2019
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Lawnwood Regional Medical CenterFort Pierce,FLRN, CVICU, FT, Nights, 0.9 FTE
Sign on bonus / relocation assistance available to qualifying candidates - inquire with Recruiter Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL Facility Description:Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast and offers diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include a 24/7 emergency department, pediatric emergency department, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, and a full range of inpatient and outpatient general surgical services. Lawnwood provides the area---s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Comprehensive Stroke Center. Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as Certified Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwood---s Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and, for 11 years in a row, the hospital is a Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of Heart Attack by Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute, patients come first --- no matter what! Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation---s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere---s World---s Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits:We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Unit Description:The Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) at Lawnwood is a true find on Florida's Treasure Coast! It is a 12 bed, attractive unit, with the large, functional rooms nurses prefer. Utilizing an all RN staff and primary care nursing model, this unit has a Director and Patient Care Coordinators to serve as the leadership team. The unit culture is one of care, team work, and sharing of information to promote clinical excellence among all. Opportunities are learning to care for IABP patient, CRRT, and "fresh" open hearts.Here are some facts:Top 3 patient diagnosis: CAD, Vascular Disease, Valve DiseaseTop surgical/interventional procedures: CABG, CABG/VALVE, TAVR, STEMI alert, VascularType of equipment used: Zoll (Code ICE), Impella, IABP, Swanz GanzN/P ratio: Varies by acuity 1:1, 2:1, 3:1Floating to SICU, TICU, MICU, ED Holding, CCSDUniform: Ceil blue or white or any combination of the twoRequires FL RN, BLS, ACLS, CCRN preferredThis unit will consider training a strong ICU RN with at least 2 years experience" The team work was great!" Liz, RN The CVICU RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.Qualifications Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN
- Current certification as a BLS/ACLS Healthcare Provider.
- Previous CVICU experience preferred
- Will consider training strong ICU nurses
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.
Keywords: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, Fort Pierce , Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit Full Time Nights, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!