Lead Medical Technologist Trauma
Company: Lawnwood Regional Medical Cntr-St. Lucie County
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: January 13, 2019
Integrated Regional Laboratories
Lead Medical Technologist Trauma Full-time (1.0 FTE), Nights
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
Are you looking for a new challenge? Integrated Regional Laboratories (IRL) includes thirteen HCA hospital laboratories in Palm Beach, Broward, Dade, Saint Lucie and Okeechobee counties and one Core Laboratory in Broward County. Through the process of re-engineering and the application of leading edge automation technology, IRL has transformed laboratory operations into an integrated service network.
IRL is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Do you want to be a part of the most successful healthcare company in the world? Apply today!
Because we believe in quality, excellence and dedication, we deliver the very best medical care with our state of the art medical technologies. We offer a competitive salary and a phenomenal benefits package that allows you to select the options that best meet the individual needs of you and your family. Our benefits include 401k, paid leave, medical, dental, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment program.
Performs stat and routine clinical laboratory testing in technical discipline areas in which individual and department are licensed under the direction of a laboratory supervisor, manager or director. Performs duties consistent with written procedures and regulatory requirements. Applies theoretical concepts of laboratory medicine using independent judgement to ensure timely and accurate results.
Maintains licensure, competency, and is regulatory scheduled in Blood Bank, Chemistry, and Hematology sections of the laboratory. Performs non-technical duties including, but not limited to specimen collection, processing and referral testing within the department as required. Works evening or night shift and serves as the primary laboratory point of contact for the facility trauma team on assigned shift
Supports the department in achieving department goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial performance, patient satisfaction, healthy work environment, and integration of intra and inter-departmental activities.
What you would do in this job:
- Serves as the primary laboratory point of contact for the facility trauma team.
- Coordinates all blood bank and laboratory diagnostic services to support facility trauma cases.
- Facilitates communication, through daily personal contact, between the staff and Lab Management team so that all
- parties are informed and laboratory services are not fragmented.
- Maintains current knowledge of external and internal quality indicators and standards and appropriately
- communicates quality metrics to staff.
- Reports to the Laboratory Director/Manager any identified quality issues throughout the lab.
- Is proficient with information system computer functions relative to job duties.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in the performance of accurate and timely laboratory testing.
- Work is organized and performed according to section procedure manual so that other personnel can follow
- Proficiency testing samples are analyzed according to instructions and are completed within the allowable time
- Assumes responsibility of the department as appropriate in the absence of the supervisor.
- Consistently completes all required records/documentation pertaining to patient results.
- Performs stat procedures within established turnaround time targets.
- Demonstrates the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of
- patient results. (including performing delta checks, etc.)
- Reviews pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolves any outstanding workload or communicates to staff relief.
- Performs quality control procedures per protocol and completes necessary documentation. Assures that quality
- control results are within acceptable guidelines and parameters.
- Takes pertinent corrective action when the patient, control, standard, calibration and/or proficiency results are not
- within appropriate guidelines.
- Assists supervisor in meeting department regulatory agency requirements (CAP, etc.)
- Equipment is operated correctly and periodic maintenance is performed according to schedule. Demonstrates the
- ability to perform equipment troubleshooting to resolve basic equipment malfunctions.
- Assists in monitoring reagents and supply inventories and utilizes them appropriately.
- Maintains education and development appropriate for position.
- Handles all problem and/or critical laboratory specimens/test results according to established procedures and in a
- timely manner.
- Quality and accuracy of work meets standards
- Assists Lab Director/Manager/Supervisor/Section Coordinator with additional duties as assigned
- Receives the daily shipment of blood products. (Arrives late evening)
- Check temperature and compare the list against all the blood product numbers.
- Retype the units.
- Enter the units into MediTech.
- Place the units on the shelves by expiration date.
- Create an expiration list report.
- Re-organize the inventory according with expiration date.
Come join our team of dedicated professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care in the world. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You should have:
- A license as a Technologist in the state of FL in areas of: Blood Bank/Immunohematology, Chemistry and Hematology
- An Associate degree in Science field required
- Post Graduate Degree in Medical Technology is very helpful
- Minimum 3 year of experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital laboratory is needed
- Critical thinking skills, significant judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic environment.
- We look for strong team work and collaboration abilities.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion. Occasional stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, climbing, overhead lifting.
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.
Keywords: Lawnwood Regional Medical Cntr-St. Lucie County, Fort Pierce , Lead Medical Technologist Trauma, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!