Hospital Stock Associate / Operating Room Technician
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: October 27, 2018
- Take your career in the right direction - join us at HealthTrust. Amidst the fast-changing dynamics of healthcare within HealthTrust and our parent company (HCA - Hospital Corporation of America), come work as a Stock Associate / Supply Chain Operating Room Technician to put into practice sustainable, practical solutions that will ultimately transform patient care and the communities we support.
- More than 1,600 hospitals have partnered with HealthTrust to lower expenses and improve outcomes across healthcare operations.
- HealthTrust delivers supply chain, workforce, and clinical integration services to help healthcare providers improve performance with superior pricing and operator-driven practices. This is accomplished by hiring valued individuals like you!
- A seven-time recipient of a ""Champion for Change"" award from Practice Greenhealth, HealthTrust actively encourages and enables ecologically responsible purchasing alongside fully embracing a culture of integrity and a code of ethics. THE POSITION:
- Seeking a full-time Stock Associate/ Supply Chain Operating Room Technician who demonstrates a passion for accurately picking supplies for surgical cases and any emergent requests in a time-sensitive manner.
- Individual who takes pride in monitoring levels of supplies and conducting inventory checks for replenishment with a high standard of accuracy.
- Enjoys a fast-paced work environment that is physically active.
- Effectively stays on task, interacts with facility team members in a professional manner, and supports an efficient workflow within the Operating Room Supply Chain Department. THE LOCATION:
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center -Fort Pierce, FL
- Fort Pierce is the San Fransisco of Florida, a great town based on the lovely and famous Florida's Treasure Coast. Surrounded by luxuriant nature, many beaches and dunes hosting rich wildlife, the city is a great place for travelers looking for insight into the area's richness.
- Nearby Fort Pierce Inlet is Hutchinson Island, a wonderful barrier island on the coast of Florida. In front of the Atlantic Ocean, this beautiful piece of land is a long, thin barrier of sand that stretches for miles of beautiful beach, where any kind of traveler will appreciate paradisiac holidays.
- St. Lucie County Aquarium is a mesmerizing aquarium in Fort Pierce, displaying the famous Smithsonian Marine Ecosystems Exhibit, a gigantic model of a coral reef ecosystem which will please all curious and nature lovers alike.
- If you've never heard about the Navy's Underwater Demolition Teams (UDT) and their Sea, Air, Land (SEAL) teams, then you have to go to the National Navy UDT-SEAL Museum, also known as the Navy SEAL Museum, which will educate and inform you about these two groups. Here, you'll dive into the world of naval special warfare and explore the great history of these legendary maritime special operations warriors.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- HealthTrust offers one of the leading 401(k) plans in the healthcare industry (a 100% match on up to 9% of pay based on years of vesting service)
- Generous Tuition Reimbursement program to support individuals seeking higher education.
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
- Balance of working in partnership with other Facility Supply Chain Operating Room Technicians and completing tasks on an individual basis. EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- This position requires the following minimal requirements:
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, supervisors, and external parties
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
- Working knowledge of hospital supplies
- High school diploma or GED is required EXPERIENCE
- Previous stock clerk experience is helpful. Some hospital supply experience preferred. CERTIFICATE/LICENSE
- None PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS - Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time; sitting for short periods of time. Requires ability to push and pull a variety of carts and material handling equipment. Must be able to climb, stoop, kneel, bend, stretch and reach frequently. Must be able to make substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and fingers. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires ability to touch and differentiate textures and temperatures. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate reports through written and verbal means. Must be able to move and/or lift up to 50 pounds. Work may be performed in an office, patient care areas, as well as, a stockroom/supply room environment. Work may be stressful at times. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
OSHA CATEGORY - The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way.
HealthTrust (HealthTrust Purchasing Group, L.P.) is committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management advisory solutions that leverage our operator experience, scale and innovation. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, HealthTrust (www.healthtrustpg.com) serves approximately 1,600 acute care facilities and members in more than 26,000 other locations, including ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices, long-term care and alternate care sites. On Twitter @healthtrustpg.
Keywords: HealthTrust, Fort Pierce , Hospital Stock Associate / Operating Room Technician, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!