Certified Nursing Assistant Trauma Neuro Care Unit Full Time Nights
Company: Lawnwood Regional Medical Cntr
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: October 27, 2018
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
Certified Nursing Assistant, TNCU. FT, Nights, 0.9 FTE
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 365-bed acute care hospital. Home to the Treasure Coast Level II Trauma Center, it provides life-saving care for patients with critical injuries from St. Lucie, Indian River, Okeechobee and Martin counties. Specialty services include a full range of cardiac care from diagnostics to open-heart surgery, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Behavioral Health, and an Inpatient Physical Rehabilitation Center.
In 2014, Children's Services expanded, a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and the new Pediatric ER opened. These dedicated services for the smallest and the sickest children provide quality, child-friendly care, close to home.
Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as a Top Performer and a Certified Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwood is the only hospital on the Treasure Cost with a Truven Top 50 Cardiovasular Hospital designation and CARF Accreditation.
At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute, patients come first - no matter what!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
Working under the supervision of a nursing, the CNA performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications Include:
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
- Successful completion of a nursing assistant training program
- State certification as a CNA
- Previous hospital experience preferred
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Keywords: Lawnwood Regional Medical Cntr, Fort Pierce , Certified Nursing Assistant Trauma Neuro Care Unit Full Time Nights, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!