Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Surgical Oncology Orthopedic Unit Full Time Days
Company: Lawnwood Regional Medical Cntr
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: September 18, 2018
**Sign On Bonus Available for Qualified Candidates!!
Registered Nurse - Medical/Surgical/Oncology Unit, FT (.9 FTE), Days
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast and offers diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include a 24/7 emergency department, pediatric emergency department, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, and a full range of inpatient and outpatient general surgical services. Lawnwood provides the area's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as Certified Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwood's Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and, for 11 years in a row, the hospital is a Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of Heart Attack by Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute, patients come first - no matter what!
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
69 Bed Unit: 1:5-7 RN to patient ratio
Most common diagnosis on this Unit: Pneumonia, GI, Orthopedic and Oncology
Procedures on this Unit: Wound dressings, wound vac, PICC and Midlines, chest tube insertions
Equipment used on this Unit: Hoyer Lifts, Vein Finder, Bladder Scanner
Typical Day: Busy patient flow, high patient turnover, high patient med pass rate and frequency. New staff mentorship, Nurse Leader and Physician Rounds, Bed Management (identify potential patient discharges - including barriers), patient care, wound care & tele monitoring.
Unit Awards: 2016 & 2017 HCA Med/Surg Unit of Distinction Award (Top Performing Unit)
Characteristics of desired candidates: Motivated, positive attitude, professional, honest, dependable, good communicator and has a teamwork approach.
Employee: Marilyn, RN: "We have a special group of people working in this Department - every day there is a challenge that all of us work together on to help each other."
We are looking for Kind, Caring and Compassionate staff to Join our Team!!
The Medical Surgical RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Current FL RN Licensure
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing preferred
- Current BLS & ACLS Certifications as a Healthcare Provider (American Heart Association)
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Oncology Certification and chemotherapy experience preferred
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Keywords: Lawnwood Regional Medical Cntr, Fort Pierce , Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Surgical Oncology Orthopedic Unit Full Time Days, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!