Florida Veteran Clinics - Remote, Hybrid, or In-person Psychiatrist
Company: Valor Healthcare, Inc
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Valor HealthcareOur mission is simple: to provide quality
healthcare to America's veterans through our healing focus,
indebted hearts, and tireless resolve. Valor Healthcare operates
more than 50 VA Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in the
United States as a contractor for the U.S. Department of Veterans
Affairs. Valor provides a full range of medical services to
veterans through the operations of CBOCs, tailored to meet the
specific needs of local VA medical centers. Our comprehensive set
of services includes primary care, diagnostics, laboratory,
telehealth, behavioral health, and more.
Position SummaryDiagnoses and treats mental and behavioral health
conditions. Provides supervision as needed to Mental Health Nurse
Practitioners, Psychologists and social workers including
psychosocial assessments, treatment planning, short-term, solution
focused counseling, education and referral for resources and
benefits, and case management. Develops program content and
organizes & leads activities planned to enhance social development
of individual members and accomplishment of group goals.
Collaborates with the core PACT Team (Primary Care Provider, RN and
Medical Assistant) and expanded PACT Team including
family/caregiver, VA, and community based services involved in
developing the patient care plan.
This position can be in person/hybrid at any of our Florida Veteran
clinics or fully remote from candidate's home. Please note, the
provider may have to travel to clinic to see schedule 2/narcotics
prescribed patients to be compliant with state/federal laws.
- $30,000 sign on bonus! Tied to a 2 year commitment.
- Great work lifestyle balance! No on call, weekends off, 11
federal holidays, and increasing PTO the longer you stay with
- Only 8-10 patients a day with support of administrative staff,
Mental Health RNs, and social workers
- Competitive pay! We offer based on experience and monitor
market trends to ensure we are providing a great rate for our
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, and more through Blue Cross
- Malpractice coverage.
- Annual performance reviews to discuss goals, raises, concerns,
- Half a day for dedicated admin time a week.
- 10 extra personal days for anything you want a year!
- Great support system through clinic management peers, HR,
Recruiting department, all the way up to the executive level.
- Interviews individual members to assess social and emotional
capabilities by examining patient for symptoms of organic,
congenital, or acquired disorders and determines nature and
- Orders and performs diagnostic tests and therapeutic procedures
and interprets test results for deviations from normal and provides
follow up care.
- Counsel patients on the use of prescription medications and
educates patients in relation to treatment plan.
- Develops and implements patient management plans and assists in
provision of continuity of care through the PCMM (Primary Care
- Evaluates patients records from medical providers outside the
VA and works with these patients utilizing rules set forth by the
VA for co-managed care.
- Conducts individual, group, and family and marriage counseling
- Helps members through group experience to develop attitudes and
social skills for improved family relations and community
- Addresses issues such as advance directives and organ donation
in accordance with acceptable standards.
- Inputs all patients information into VISTA/CPRS.
- Completes any and all clinical reminders due at the time of
each patient visit.
- Assists in co-managed care collaboration with non-VA providers,
- Functions as case manager as needed.
- Provides patient and family health education with a focus on
self-management, prevention, wellness, related health issues and
healthy lifestyle choices.
- Maintains confidentiality of veterans data and
- Complies with all VA and company training requirements.
- Fulfill compliance requirements of the Office of Inspector
General (OIG), Joint Commission (JC), Environment of Care (EOC)
oversight, lab compliance and other related items.
- Remain focused on achieving excellent clinical outcomes through
the specified VA guidelines.
- Must provide excellent customer service to each veteran and
his/her family, both in person and over the phone, as well as to
fellow colleagues and clinic visitors.
- Participate in the clinic s outreach events to help support the
clinic s enrollment initiatives.
- Support patient enrollment and retention in appointments,
follow-up visits or nurse visits.
- Embrace and support new initiatives, whether clinical or
Keywords: Valor Healthcare, Inc, Fort Pierce , Florida Veteran Clinics - Remote, Hybrid, or In-person Psychiatrist, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!