Company: Bond Health
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Bond Health - Physical Therapist Needed!
POSITION SUMMARY: The Physical Therapist assesses the need for, develops, and delivers physical therapy programs to facilitate rehabilitation.
The Physical Therapist identifies the need for and makes referral(s) to other disciplines to address the comprehensive needs of patients. They implement individualized therapy programs designed to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance. In addition, the Physical Therapist instructs, educates and trains patients and caregivers in those skills and functions essential for promoting independence and productivity, in order to diminish or correct pathology. They direct activities to promote and maintain health.
1. As necessary or applicable, supervision of Physical Therapy Assistants, temporary licensees, students and support personnel in accordance with state licensure requirements and professional standards.
2. Responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of rehab services; adherence to an established plan of care, department and patient(s)' schedule, and timely documentation of services.
3. Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences and other related meetings.
4. Makes referrals to other disciplines and agencies in order to address the comprehensive needs of the patient.
5. Consults with other members of the rehabilitation team to select the most appropriate therapeutic regimen consistent with the needs and capabilities of each patient.
6. Adapts program and/or plan of care according to the needs of individual patients.
7. Promotes a safe environment and enforces the elimination of fire and safety hazards.
8. Orders supplies and equipment as necessary.
9. Cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair of equipment as necessary.
10. Puts patient service first: ensures that patients and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights.
11. Screens, examines and evaluates patients, including history, systems review, and application of appropriate tests and measures, synthesis information and interprets examination findings in order to establish a diagnosis, identify impairments, determine the predicted level of improvement and the time required to achieve it, identify precautions/contraindications and design and plan of care. Develops appropriate treatment goals and methods in collaboration with the patient and caregivers, implements the physical therapy treatment plan, and completes all related documentation and record keeping regarding these services. Services include but are not limited to application of therapeutic techniques in areas such as:
*Therapeutic exercise including aerobic capacity conditioning, balance coordination, agility training, body mechanics and postural stabilization, flexibility exercises, gait and locomotion training, neuromotor development training, relaxation, strength, power, and endurance training
*Airway clearance techniques
*Integumentary repair and protection
*Use of electrotherapeutic, physical agent and mechanical modalities
12. Designs, fabricates, fits and/or applies adaptive devices, and trains patients in the use of adaptive devices including orthotics and prosthetics.
13. Selects appropriate activities suited to the individual's physical and mental capacity, intelligence level and interest.
14. Instructs patients in the skills and techniques required for participation in mobility activities and evaluates patient progress, attitudes, and behavior as related to rehabilitative potential.
15. Performs routine reexamination as needed/required to modify/progress plan of treatment.
16. Performs other related duties as required.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must have a valid Physical Therapy license in the state(s) of practice, or proof of license and eligibility.
Master's degree in Physical Therapy.
Master's degree in a Physical Therapy related field in addition to a Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy.
Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy plus 5 years of progressively responsible PT experience.
The qualifying Physical Therapy degree earned outside of the U.S. must be evaluated to be the U.S. equivalent to a degree in Physical Therapy.
To protect the health and safety of our patients, residents, employees, family members, and the communities we serve, COVID-19 vaccination is required for employees, care partners, and onsite vendors unless the employee is approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, or sincerely held religious belief.
For more information or to apply for the position, please contact:
Account Manager, Bond Health Staffing
5824 12th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY, 11219
Office: 1-718-302-0040 ext. 201
Bond Health - Physical Therapist Needed!
Keywords: Bond Health, Fort Pierce , Physical Therapist, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
here to apply!