Registered Nurse Pediatric ICU PRN
Company: HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description Registered Nurse (RN) Pediatrics ICU (PICU) PRN
(0.001 FTE) Lawnwood Regional Medical Center Fort Pierce, FL
Facility Description: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart
Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of
services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute
on the Treasure Coast providing interventional and therapeutic
care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include
adult and pediatric emergency services, labor/delivery and
birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine,
diagnostic services, as well as inpatient and outpatient surgical
services. Lawnwood is designated by the Joint Commission as a
Certified Primary Stroke Center. The Physical Rehabilitation Center
is CARF accredited and we are designated a Level II Trauma Center
by the Florida Department of Health and verified by the American
College of Surgeons. We also offer a freestanding ER in Vero Beach
providing emergency treatment for adults and children closer to
home. Additionally Lawnwood offers the area's only Level III
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care
Unit (PICU). At Lawnwood patients come first - no matter what! We
invite you to work in a fast-paced environment with a team of top
healthcare professionals while enjoying a culturally vibrant, yet
laid-back quality of life centered on Treasure Coast beaches,
boating, fishing, community and the outdoors. Position Description:
The PICU RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with
established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions).
- BLS & PALS (American Heart Association or American Red Cross or
American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course
- Previous Peds / PICU experience required
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Keywords: HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital, Fort Pierce , Registered Nurse Pediatric ICU PRN, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!