Registered Nurse Open Heart Surgery
Company: HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Registered Nurse - Open Heart Surgery Full-Time (1.0 FTE), Days -
12 Hr. Shifts (Position takes "Call")
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL Facility Description: Lawnwood Regional Medical
Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering
a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced
Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast providing interventional and
therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital
services include adult and pediatric emergency services,
labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology,
nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, as well as inpatient and
outpatient surgical services. Lawnwood is designated by the Joint
Commission as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. The Physical
Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and we are designated a
Level II Trauma Center by the Florida Department of Health and
verified by the American College of Surgeons. We also offer a
freestanding ER in Vero Beach providing emergency treatment for
adults and children closer to home. Additionally Lawnwood offers
the area's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). At Lawnwood patients come
first - no matter what! We invite you to work in a fast-paced
environment with a team of top healthcare professionals while
enjoying a culturally vibrant, yet laid-back quality of life
centered on Treasure Coast beaches, boating, fishing, community and
the outdoors. Benefits: We are committed to providing our employees
with the support they need. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, we
offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as
several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly
customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique
benefits we offer include:
--- Student Loan Repayment
--- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
--- Paid Personal Leave
--- 401k (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
--- Identity Theft Protection discounts
--- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
--- Adoption Assistance
--- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to
confirm if this benefit applies to your position Position
Description: The Open Heart Surgery RN provides nursing care in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the
patient before, during and after a surgical procedure.
- Provides nursing care to the patient undergoing surgical
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Participates in the care of patients receiving conscious
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, applies dressings, monitors
- Assists physician during procedures.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations
which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Coordinates the operating room with respect to sterility,
cleanliness, availability of functioning equipment and
- Ensures the proper handling of specimens.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current BLS & ACLS Certifications (American Heart Association
or American Red Cross)
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- RN Open Heart Surgery experience preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
Keywords: HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital, Fort Pierce , Registered Nurse Open Heart Surgery, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!