Physical Therapist PRN
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Description Physical TherapistPer Diem, Varied Shifts, 0.001
FTELawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL Facility Description:Lawnwood Regional Medical
Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering
a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced
Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast providing interventional and
therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital
services include adult and pediatric emergency services,
labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology,
nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, as well as inpatient and
outpatient surgical services. Lawnwood is designated by the Joint
Commission as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. The Physical
Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and we are designated a
Level II Trauma Center by the Florida Department of Health and
verified by the American College of Surgeons. We also offer a
freestanding ER in Vero Beach providing emergency treatment for
adults and children closer to home. Additionally Lawnwood offers
the area's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). At Lawnwood patients come
first - no matter what! We invite you to work in a fast-paced
environment with a team of top healthcare professionals while
enjoying a culturally vibrant, yet laid-back quality of life
centered on Treasure Coast beaches, boating, fishing, community and
the outdoors. Position Description:In accordance with physician
orders, the Physical Therapist assesses, evaluates, plans, and
carries out physical therapy programs to restore maximum reasonable
function and to minimize disability following disease, injury, or
genetically acquired disabilities. Position tasks and
- Plans and uses therapies involving physical exercise, massage,
heat, water, light and electricity.
- Utilizes various mechanical and electrical equipment and
prosthetic and orthotic devices.
- Evaluates, records and reports on patient's response to
treatment and progress toward identified goals.
- Integrates physical therapy treatments with other aspects of
- Assists patients reach their maximal reasonably levels of
function and to cope with their limitations.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Participates in patient discharge planning.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
- B.S. or M.S. from an accredited school of Physical
- Florida State Physical Therapist license.
- Certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- New Grads May Apply.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Fort Pierce , Physical Therapist PRN, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!