Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room
Company: HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Description $20K Sign-On Bonus Available For Qualified
Candidates! Registered Nurse, Emergency Department Full-Time (0.9
FTE), Nights Lawnwood Regional Medical CenterFort Pierce, FL
Facility Description : Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart
Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of
services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute
on the Treasure Coast providing interventional and therapeutic
care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include
adult and pediatric emergency services, labor/delivery and
birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine,
diagnostic services, as well as inpatient and outpatient surgical
services. Lawnwood is designated by the Joint Commission as a
Certified Primary Stroke Center. The Physical Rehabilitation Center
is CARF accredited and we are designated a Level II Trauma Center
by the Florida Department of Health and verified by the American
College of Surgeons. We also offer a freestanding ER in Vero Beach
providing emergency treatment for adults and children closer to
home. Additionally Lawnwood offers the area's only Level III
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care
Unit (PICU). At Lawnwood patients come first - no matter what! We
invite you to work in a fast-paced environment with a team of top
healthcare professionals while enjoying a culturally vibrant, yet
laid-back quality of life centered on Treasure Coast beaches,
boating, fishing, community and the outdoors. Benefits: We are
committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, we offer an array of medical,
dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make
your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family
needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include: --- Student
Loan Repayment --- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs ---
Paid Personal Leave--- 401k (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay
based on years of service)--- Identity Theft Protection
discounts--- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options--- Adoption
Assistance--- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) If applicable,
please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this
benefit applies to your position Position Description: The
Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in accordance
with established policies, procedures and protocols of the
healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current BLS, ACLS & PALS Certifications (American Heart
Association or American Red Cross)
- CPI, TNCC & ENPC Certification
- Previous ED experience preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Keywords: HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital, Fort Pierce , Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!