Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Description IntroductionLast year our HCA Healthcare colleagues
invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As
a(an) Social Worker with HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital you can be a
part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!BenefitsHCA
Florida Lawnwood Hospital, offers a total rewards package that
supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues.
The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare
provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues?
Join the HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital family! We will give you the
tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are
looking for an enthusiastic Social Worker to help us reach our
goals. Unlock your potential!Social Worker
Case Management Department
Full time, Day Shift (Rotating Weekends), 1.0 FTE
HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital
Fort Pierce, FL
Job Description To determine the medical necessity of all
admissions and the need for continued stay. To identify the
provision of inappropriate or untimely services. To assess
discharge planning needs for patients of all ages and coordinate
the delivery of services to meet those needs. To facilitate timely
and appropriate discharges from the hospital. To identify
opportunities for improvements in patient care. To provide
documentation of all functions as required by regulatory agencies.
A Licensed Social Worker plans, organizes, directs, defines and
coordinates clinical services necessary to meet the legal,
organizational, medical staff and regulatory agencies guidelines.
Provide case management, education, group and individual therapy,
and discharge planning. Performs community and educational
- In partnership with RN CM, the social worker is responsible for
ensuring the post-acute medical needs and level of care are
- The social worker will respond timely to referrals from RN CM
or other staff when risk factors for social determinants of health
- Perform thorough assessments and develop appropriate plans of
care for high risk patients with discharge planning or psychosocial
- Perform proactive discharge planning
- Provide expertise in post-acute services and community
- Identify and address barriers to discharge and recovery,
including financial, emotional, psychosocial, medical,
- Provide psychosocial support and resources
- Provide education to patients and caregivers regarding
community resources and post-acute level of care criteria,
benefits, and coverage
- Assist in coordinating and facilitating family conferences
- Engage in community outreach and program development to support
patient and caregiver needs
- Participate in interdisciplinary care planning process
- Maintain effective communication between members of the care
- Provide expertise in ethics cases
- Assist patients and caregivers with end of life issues, from
advance directives to grief support
- Provide psychosocial support to patients and caregivers for
adjustment to patients' chronic and/ or terminal
illness/deathQualifications - External
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) required
- Master of Social Work (MSW) preferred
- State licensure preferred (may be required by state
- Certification in social work or case management preferred
- Acute care social work experience preferred
- Knowledgeable about internal, community and post-acute care
- Basic social worker skills including but not limited to
empathy, sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity, advocacy,
communication and crisis intervention This role requires you to be
fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal
law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital is a 380-bed acute-care
hospital. Offering a full range of services. We are home to the
most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast. Lawnwood
Hospital provides interventional and therapeutic care, including
open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include labor/delivery,
pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, adult and
pediatric emergency services, and diagnostic services. We also
offer inpatient, and outpatient surgical services.
Lawnwood Hospital is a designated Certified Primary Stroke Center.
The Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited. We are a
Level II Trauma Center. We are verified by the American College of
Surgeons. We offer a freestanding ER in Vero Beach. We provide
emergency treatment for adults and children. We also offer the
area's only Level III Neonatal and Pediatric Intensive Care Units.
At HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital patients come first - no matter
what! We invite you to work in a fast-paced environment while
enjoying a vibrant, laid-back quality of life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different
ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an organization that invests
in you! We are reviewing applications for our Social Worker
opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient
care!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Fort Pierce , Social Worker, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!