Medical Services Coordinator
Company: Treasure Coast Hospice
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionTitle: Medical Services Coordinator Date: July
2022Exempt Status: Non-ExemptSupervisor: Vice President of Medical
ServicesDefinitionResponsible for providing administrative support
to the Vice President of Medical Services. Responsible and
accountable for the daily operations of the medical services
department and palliative care services. Further responsibilities
include assist with budget supervision and provider billing.
Oversight of provider documentation, on-call/admissions schedules,
and oversee physician and nurse practitioners' visits. Assists with
the compliance education, and continuing education programs for
Treasure Coast Hospice. ExpectationsProvide program development
strategies for Treasure Coast Hospice, in an organized, routine
capacity that will enable the cohesion of team developments. Work
collaboratively with other departments, demonstrate and encourage
leadership for a comprehensive approach to program development.
Inspire staff to live the Treasure Coast Hospice Mission, to
achieve its Vision, and demonstrate our Values and Commitment. Be
current in legal and compliance hospice issues. Supervise
credentialing of Physicians/Advanced Practitioner Registered Nurses
(APRN's) for Adult Living Facilities (ALF's)/Skilled Nursing
Facilities (SNF's)/Hospitals. Utilize Electronic Medical Records
(EMR) data system; dashboard widgets; KPI dashboards (for medical
satisfaction). Collaborate with Department of Education in the
creation of Medical Services specific job aides.Qualifications
- Three to five years of experience in a medical office
- Knowledge of medical terminology, insurance industry and
federal and state regulations
- Experience in billing and coding preferred.
- Advanced computer knowledge.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Attendance is a condition of employmentKey Result Areas
- Assures timely provider submissions of patient care
documentation/dictation in accordance with policies and
- Coordinates training for incoming physicians with electronic
- Coordinates and assists in coordinating patient visits and F2F
- Prepares and maintains timely internal submission of billing
and payment records in accordance with policies and procedures.
Ensures physicians' compliance with billing rules and
- Prepares and maintains scheduling for On-call, admissions,
hospice house and palliative care coverage, according to scheduling
- Ensures appropriate fractioned credentialing. Supports
credentialing function for all providers at hospitals and
- Assist the physician in scheduling of physician's education,
conferences, hospice CME's, and board exams.
- Liaison to the physicians, administration, patient care and all
departments and outside organizations to accomplish directives and
to facilitate the resolution of problems.
- Assist manager with physician training and competencies.
- Assist with set up of ongoing training across all disciplines.
- Prepares and maintains emergency preparedness plan for all
Medical Service Staff.
- Assist the VP of Medical Services in determining fiscal
requirements and approve budgetary recommendations for the
- In conjunction with the VP of Medical Services, directs and
coordinates various personnel functions including, but not limited
to, hiring, performance appraisals, transfers, and vacation
schedules as well as coordinating the on-call schedule.
Keywords: Treasure Coast Hospice, Fort Pierce , Medical Services Coordinator, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!