Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionShifts Available: 3pm-11pm11pm-7pmSUMMARYThe RN
Supervisor is primarily responsible for overseeing day to day
patient care, supervising, directing and developing nurse staff,
and reporting to the Director of Nursing to ensure quality patient
care within a long-term care center, skilled nursing facility or
assisted living community.Description:
- Identifies patient service requirements by establishing
personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other
persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Maintains nursing guidelines by writing and updating policies
- Maintains nursing operations by initiating, coordinating, and
enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and
- Assures quality of care by developing and interpreting hospital
and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care;
enforcing adherence to state board of nursing and state nurse
practice act requirements and to other governing agency
regulations; measuring health outcomes against standards; making or
- Maintains nursing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting,
and training nurses and auxiliary staff.
- Completes patient care requirements by scheduling and assigning
nursing and staff; following up on work results.
- Maintains nursing staff job results by coaching, counseling,
and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional,
psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care
goals; teaching and counseling patient, friends, and family and
reinforcing their understanding of disease, medications, and
- Provides information to patients and health care team by
answering questions and requests.
- Resolves patient needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by designing and
implementing procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for
assistance from other health care professionals.
- Protects patients and employees by developing and interpreting
infection-control policies and protocols; enforcing medication
administration, storage procedures, and controlled substance
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by
monitoring confidential information processing.
- Maintains documentation of patient care services by auditing
patient and department records.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget;
scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective
- Ensures operation of medical and administrative equipment by
verifying emergency equipment availability; completing preventive
maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions;
troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining
equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by studying usage reports;
identifying trends; anticipating needed supplies; approving
requisitions and cost allocations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by
communicating information; responding to requests; building
rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Assist in the Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement
- RN License in state OF Florida
- LTC Experience Preferred
- Basic computer skills
- 5+ years nursing experience in a hospital, nursing home or
other healthcare setting
- 1+ year experience as a nurse supervisor
- CPR/BLS certified
- Strong knowledge of nursing and medical practices and
procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that
pertain to nursing care centers.
Keywords: Sandgate, Fort Pierce , RN Supervisor, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!