Registered Nurse (RN) Open Heart
Company: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE:
Full-time**$25KSign-On Bonus Available for Qualified Candidates!
Registered Nurse - Operating RoomFull-Time (1.0 FTE), Days
(Position takes Call)Lawnwood Regional Medical CenterFort Pierce,
FL Facility Description:Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart
Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of
services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute
on the Treasure Coast providing interventional and therapeutic
care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include
adult and pediatric emergency services, labor/delivery and
birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine,
diagnostic services, as well as inpatient and outpatient surgical
services.Lawnwood is designated by the Joint Commission as a
Certified Primary Stroke Center. The Physical Rehabilitation Center
is CARF accredited and we are designated a Level II Trauma Center
by the Florida Department of Health and verified by the American
College of Surgeons. We also offer a freestanding ER in Vero Beach
providing emergency treatment for adults and children closer to
home. Additionally Lawnwood offers the area's only Level III
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care
Unit (PICU). At Lawnwood patients come first - no matter what! We
invite you to work in a fast-paced environment with a team of top
healthcare professionals while enjoying a culturally vibrant, yet
laid-back quality of life centered on Treasure Coast beaches,
boating, fishing, community and the outdoors. Benefits:We are
committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, we offer an array of medical,
dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make
your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family
needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include: --- Student
Loan Repayment*--- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*---
Paid Personal Leave--- 401k (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay
based on years of service)--- Identity Theft Protection
discounts--- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options--- Adoption
Assistance--- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)**If
applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to
confirm if this benefit applies to your position Position
Description: The Open Heart RN provides nursing care in accordance
with established policies, procedures and protocols of the
healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the
patient before, during and after a surgical procedure.
- Provides nursing care to the patient undergoing surgical
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Participates in the care of patients receiving conscious
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, applies dressings, monitors
- Assists physician during procedures.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations
which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Coordinates the operating room with respect to sterility,
cleanliness, availability of functioning equipment and
- Ensures the proper handling of specimens.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Qualifications
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current BLS & ACLS Certifications (American Heart Association
or American Red Cross)
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- 1 or more RN Operating Room experience - Open Heart Surgery
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.Notice Our Company's recruiters are
here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we
take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking .For questions about your job application
or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, Fort Pierce , Registered Nurse (RN) Open Heart, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!