Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Room PRN
Company: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Nurse, Emergency DepartmentPRN (0.001FTE)Lawnwood
Regional Medical CenterFort Pierce, FLFacility Description:Lawnwood
Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care
hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the
most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast providing
interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery.
Other hospital services include adult and pediatric emergency
services, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics,
oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, as well as
inpatient and outpatient surgical services.Lawnwood is designated
by the Joint Commission as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. The
Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and we are
designated a Level II Trauma Center by the Florida Department of
Health and verified by the American College of Surgeons. We also
offer a freestanding ER in Vero Beach providing emergency treatment
for adults and children closer to home. Additionally Lawnwood
offers the areas only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). At Lawnwood patients come
first no matter what! We invite you to work in a fast-paced
environment with a team of top healthcare professionals while
enjoying a culturally vibrant, yet laid-back quality of life
centered on Treasure Coast beaches, boating, fishing, community and
the outdoors.Position Description:The Emergency Department RN
provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Qualifications
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions)
- CurrentBLS, ACLS &PALS Certifications (American Heart
Association or American Red Cross)
- CPI, TNCC & ENPCCertification
- Previous ED experience preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds. Notice Our Companys recruiters
are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and
we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking.For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, Fort Pierce , Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Room PRN, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!