Registered Nurse Pediatric ICU
Company: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Description SHIFT: PRNSCHEDULE: PRN/Per DiemRegistered Nurse
Pediatrics ICU (PICU)
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL--
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed
acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is
home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast
providing interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart
surgery. Other hospital services include adult and pediatric
emergency services, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics,
orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, as
well as inpatient and outpatient surgical services.
Lawnwood is designated by the Joint Commission as a Certified
Primary Stroke Center. The Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF
accredited and we are designated a Level II Trauma Center by the
Florida Department of Health and verified by the American College
of Surgeons. We also offer a freestanding ER in Vero Beach
providing emergency treatment for adults and children closer to
home. Additionally Lawnwood offers the area's only Level III
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care
Unit (PICU). At Lawnwood patients come first - no matter what! We
invite you to work in a fast-paced environment with a team of top
healthcare professionals while enjoying a culturally vibrant, yet
laid-back quality of life centered on Treasure Coast beaches,
boating, fishing, community and the outdoors.
The PICU RN--provides direct nursing care in accordance with
established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
organization.-- The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.--
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions).
- BLS--& PALS (American Heart Association or American Red Cross
or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course--
- Previous Peds / PICU experience required
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Notice Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking--.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, Fort Pierce , Registered Nurse Pediatric ICU
star_rate New , Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!