Director, Surgical Services
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: April 9, 2021
SHIFT: No Weekends SCHEDULE: Full-time HCA Healthcare is a
comprehensive healthcare network where 280,000 people across more
than 2,000 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive
impact every day. It's an organization that exists to give people
healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great
outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled
opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA
Healthcare we're connected to something bigger, which means more
resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who
walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and
talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare
possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for
ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere. We offer an excellent
total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent
benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team
and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits
include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life,
disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment program,
employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We
would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed
acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is
home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast
and offers diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic care,
including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include a
24/7 emergency department, pediatric emergency department,
labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology,
nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, and a full range of
inpatient and outpatient general surgical services. Lawnwood
provides the area's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit,
Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and
Compressive Stroke Center. The Director of Surgical Services
Department leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient
care while effectively managing operations. The Director Surgical
Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments. Major
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the
service and implements solutions with follow through and
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital
wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to
those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services. People
- Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique
of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents
their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and
industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver
upon organizational and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient roundingIdentifies and
mentor potential future leaders Quality
- Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops
processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical
services program which assures quality patient care consistent with
the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital
policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates
critical aspects of care.
- Responsible for department's operational excellence by ensuring
delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable
policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and
- Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification
- Monitors and responds to quality event reporting Finance
- Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements
which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures
proper utilization of organization's financial resources. Growth
- Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
- Strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients,
staff, and payers in the community they serve Community
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures
others and commands respect within the organization and the
- Develops and builds strategic internal and external networks.
Supports HCA by:
- Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance
the agenda of unparalleled patient service
- Practicing and adhering to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and
"Mission and Value Statement"
- Performing other duties as assigned #LI-KN1
surgicalservicesleadership Qualifications Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred Or
equivalent combination of education and/or experience Licenses,
Certifications, & Training:
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the
state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred If you
find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We
promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you
will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so
apply today! We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Notice
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here. For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply Now Register Now
Keywords: HCA, Fort Pierce , Director, Surgical Services, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!