Company: Florida Community Health Centers
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: February 24, 2021
ADA:Full time position. Job duties may require holding/lifting
patients to or onto exam table. Ability to sit and/or stand
periodically during the workday. Computer data entry a portion of
job duty.--OSHA:Must adhere to universal precautions, to include
blood borne pathogen protection, at all times.--Primary Duties:
- Screens patients according to FCHC protocols (i.e. obtaining
vital signs, height, weight, vision/hearing testing) and any other
procedures directed by the supervising provider/Clinical
Coordinator, or Clinical Support Leaders.
- Performs accurate charting in medical record in accordance with
FCHC policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance to nurses and providers as needed.
- Maintain exam rooms and work areas (i.e. keeping well-stocked,
orderly and clean, to include disinfecting exam tables between
patients as per infection control policy).
- Perform phlebotomy/fingerstick as permitted by training.
- Administers injections according to position requirements
(i.e., subcutaneous, intramuscular and intradermal
- Perform procedures, as ordered (i.e., EKGs, nebulizer
treatments, pulse oximeter, ear lavages, etc).
- Able to accurately make/cancel/reschedule appointments in the
computer appointment system. Able to follow-up on appointment to
determine patient compliance and contact patients to reschedule
- Maintain strict infection control (i.e., sterilizing
instruments, performing procedures, needle disposal,
- Have current knowledge of and participate in maintenance of
drug assistance programs.
- Understand all emergency protocols and respond
- Understand and assist in the referral process of patients to
outside services or providers. Follow-up on patient referrals, as
- Understand mandatory reporting of child/elder abuse policy and
- Understand State requirements for reporting of communicable
diseases and offering of special labs for pregnant patients.
- Understand and utilize the VFC program where applicable and
document accurately including 680 forms and vaccine administration
- Counsel patients per treatment plan (i.e., diet, exercise,
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide
care appropriate to the age of the patients served. The individual
must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span. Must be able to identify and
categorize each patient's age-specific grouping of needs, such as
those for infant, adolescent, or geriatric patients.
- Performs in-house waived testing, after they are quality
controlled, which may include some or all of the following:
pregnancy tests, hemocue/Hemoglobin, glucometer, urine dip,
hemoccult-stool, oraquick, or throat swab. Each test will be done
according to directions/procedure and results logged in patients
medical record.----Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proof of satisfactory completion of an approved medical
assistant program or nursing assistant program; or
- One (1) year of experience in a medical related field.
- Registered and Certified Medical Assistants must maintain
current RMA/CMA certification.
- Current CPR certification.
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Bilingual preferred
- Strong Customer relations skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information--This job
description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will
also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned
by supervisor.* This organization reserves the right to revise or
change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job
description does not constitute a written or implied contract of
- Medical license/certification: CPR Certification
- Medical license/certification: Medical Assitant
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- 18 years or older
Keywords: Florida Community Health Centers, Fort Pierce , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!