Company: Florida Community Health Centers
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: January 8, 2021
ADA: Full time position. Job duties may require holding and
lifting patients onto exam tables. Ability to sit or stand
periodically during workday.Computer data entry is a portion of job
duty.OSHA: Must adhere to universal precautions to include blood
Borne Pathogen protection at all times.Primary Duties:
- The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that the
practice of nursing within FCHC is of the highest possible quality.
Nursing is defined as the clinical duties performed by all LPNs,
CMAs, and MAs. This will be accomplished by collaboration with the
Center Clinical Administrator to establish appropriate in service
training and lectures for the nursing staff as needed.
- Keeps site Center Clinical Administrator informed of all
significant nursing issues including but not limited to any
proposed policy or procedural changes, disciplinary action, issues
with Clinicians, etc. Will coordinate orientation of new clinical
support employees regarding clinical skills and duties.
- Reviews resumes, credentials and conduct interviews of nursing
applicants with primary provider, Center Clinical Administrator and
- Will perform periodic assessments to determine deficiencies in
nursing performance at all sites and new hires, which includes but
is not limited to: Log keeping (abnormal Pap Smears,
pregnancy/perinatal, STD, temperature, Clinical Measures data
entry, medication logs, immunizations, etc.)
- Skills: (vital signs, therapeutic injections, and
immunizations, adult and pediatric catheterization, sterile
field/tray setup, instrument sterilization, Oxygen tank use and
maintenance, emergency kit use and maintenance, EKG, etc.)
- Policies and procedures (universal precautions, consent forms,
needle disposal, identification and proper disposal of expired
- Conducts routine Clinical support staff meetings. Agenda and
minutes are to be forwarded to the Center Manager for inclusion in
Center Meeting minutes
- Participates in 30 day, 90 day and annual evaluations of
clinical support staff in collaboration with Center Clinical
Administrator, with input from Center Administrator.
- Determines nurse staffing requirements, including coverage for
sick time, vacations and other absences.
- Responsible for maintaining current credentials for clinical
support staff on file with the Director of Human Resources.
- Provides nursing coverage in emergency shortage situations on
site in conjunction with Center Clinical Administrator.
- Initiates and completes required intial and annual employee
health activity in conjunction with the Center Clinical
Administrator. Reviews Center employee health information at least
monthly to ensure that staff are current and addresses any
- Actively participates in Monthly Nurse Supervisor
- Trains and evaluates employees on performance of CLIA waived
testing at time of hire, annually and as indicated. Addresses any
deficiencies or issue quickly.Secondary Duties:
- Function as a professional nurse member of the health team,
under the leadership of the Clinician.
- Performs monthly Nursing Supervisor Center Audits including,
but not limited to, FCHC medications and vaccines, lab, Center, and
Dental Audit. Notifies CC of any issues immediately and
- Make nursing assessments related to the health status of the
patients and triage their record data appropriately.
- Maintain complete and accurate records.
- Actively function and perform all duties of nursing personnel
as determined by the needs of the center.Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be a Registered Nurse with at least two (2) years of
experience preferred; or
- Licensed Practical Nurse with at least three (3) years of
- Possesses current License in State of Florida.
- Maintain current CPR certification.
- Supervisory experience preferred.Skills and Abilities:
- Show empathy and interest in patients of all socio-economic
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide
care appropriate to the age of the patients served. The individual
must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span. Must be able to identify and
categorize each patient's age-specific grouping of needs, such as
those for infant, adolescent, or geriatric patients.This job
description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will
also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job
duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job
description does not constitute a written or implied contract of
Keywords: Florida Community Health Centers, Fort Pierce , Nursing Supervisor, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!