Registered Nurse (RN) Recovery Room PRN
Company: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: January 7, 2021
DescriptionSHIFT: PRNSCHEDULE: PRN/Per DiemRegistered Nurse,
Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)PRN, (.001 FTE), DaysLawnwood
Regional Medical CenterFort Pierce, FLFacility Description:Lawnwood
Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care
hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the
most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast providing
interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery.
Other hospital services include adult and pediatric emergency
services, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics,
oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, as well as
inpatient and outpatient surgical services.Lawnwood is designated
by the Joint Commission as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. The
Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and we are
designated a Level II Trauma Center by the Florida Department of
Health and verified by the American College of Surgeons. We also
offer a freestanding ER in Vero Beach providing emergency treatment
for adults and children closer to home. Additionally Lawnwood
offers the area's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
(NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). At Lawnwood
patients come first - no matter what! We invite you to work in a
fast-paced environment with a team of top healthcare professionals
while enjoying a culturally vibrant, yet laid-back quality of life
centered on Treasure Coast beaches, boating, fishing, community and
the outdoors.Position Description:The PACU RN provides nursing care
in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols
of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the
patient in the immediate post-operative or post-procedural
- Provides comfort and support for post-operative patients.
- Evaluates responses to treatments and interventions.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Anticipates case specific needs based on knowledge of procedure
and pathophysiology regarding patient and procedure.
- Manages patient's pain.
- Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital
- Maintains aseptic technique and actively monitors situations
which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Qualifications
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current BLS, ACLS & PALS certifications as a Healthcare
Provider (American Heart Association)
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.NoticeOur Company's recruiters are
here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we
take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking here.For questions about your job
application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at
1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, Fort Pierce , Registered Nurse (RN) Recovery Room PRN, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!