Registered Nurse (RN) Psychiatric Intake
Company: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: November 22, 2020
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Nurse (RN)
PRN 0.001 FTE
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed
acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is
home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast
providing interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart
surgery. Other hospital services include adult and pediatric
emergency services, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics,
orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, as
well as inpatient and outpatient surgical services.
Lawnwood is designated by the Joint Commission as a Certified
Primary Stroke Center. The Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF
accredited and we are designated a Level II Trauma Center by the
Florida Department of Health and verified by the American College
of Surgeons. We also offer a freestanding ER in Vero Beach
providing emergency treatment for adults and children closer to
home. Additionally Lawnwood offers the area's only Level III
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care
Unit (PICU). At Lawnwood patients come first - no matter what! We
invite you to work in a fast-paced environment with a team of top
healthcare professionals while enjoying a culturally vibrant, yet
laid-back quality of life centered on Treasure Coast beaches,
boating, fishing, community and the outdoors.
The Mental Health RN manages the nursing care of patients in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities
* Performs initial and on-going physical and psychosocial
assessment according to accepted standards of nursing practice
* Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs
* Carries out physician orders
* Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs
* Participates in treatment team conferences to assist in planning
and revising goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the
age-related and problem-specific needs of each patient
* Implements nursing plan of care for assigned patients and
conducts and/or co-leads group therapy sessions for patients
* Evaluates patient's response to interventions and revises nursing
plan of care as needed
* Collaborates with the treatment team to revise goals, objectives
and interventions appropriate to the changes in patient status
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems
* Instructs and educates patients and families
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with
members of the healthcare team
* Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized
Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements,
including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration
* American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
* Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and
* Additional languages preferred.
* Basic computer knowledge.
* One year of Acute Care Nursing experience preferred.
* Current certification in CPI, or obtain within 30 days of
* Previous work experience on an acute Psychiatric Unit
* Customer service abilities including effective listening
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending,
reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or
equipment up to 50 pounds.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, Fort Pierce , Registered Nurse (RN) Psychiatric Intake, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!