Registered Nurse (RN) Recovery Room
Company: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: November 14, 2020
SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Sign On Bonus Available For Qualified Candidates!
Registered Nurse, Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
Full-Time (0.9 FTE), Eves
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed
acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is
home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast
providing interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart
surgery. Other hospital services include adult and pediatric
emergency services, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics,
orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, as
well as inpatient and outpatient surgical services.
Lawnwood is designated by the Joint Commission as a Certified
Primary Stroke Center. The Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF
accredited and we are designated a Level II Trauma Center by the
Florida Department of Health and verified by the American College
of Surgeons. We also offer a freestanding ER in Vero Beach
providing emergency treatment for adults and children closer to
home. Additionally Lawnwood offers the area's only Level III
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care
Unit (PICU). At Lawnwood patients come first - no matter what! We
invite you to work in a fast-paced environment with a team of top
healthcare professionals while enjoying a culturally vibrant, yet
laid-back quality of life centered on Treasure Coast beaches,
boating, fishing, community and the outdoors.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
The PACU RN provides nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
* Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the
patient in the immediate post-operative or post-procedural
* Provides comfort and support for post-operative patients.
* Evaluates responses to treatments and interventions.
* Carries out physician orders.
* Anticipates case specific needs based on knowledge of procedure
and pathophysiology regarding patient and procedure.
* Manages patient's pain.
* Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs.
* Maintains aseptic technique and actively monitors situations
which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
* Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment
* FL RN Licensure, or
* Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing
Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and
* Current BLS, ACLS & PALS Certifications (American Heart
Association or American Red Cross)
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
* Customer service abilities including effective listening
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending,
reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or
equipment up to 50 lbs.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, Fort Pierce , Registered Nurse (RN) Recovery Room, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!