Registered Nurse (RN) Open Heart
Company: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: October 15, 2020
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Sign On Bonus For Those Who Qualify!
Registered Nurse - Operating Room - Open Heart
Full-Time (1.0 FTE), Days - 12 Hr. Shifts
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed
acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is
home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast
providing interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart
surgery. Other hospital services include adult and pediatric
emergency services, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics,
orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, as
well as inpatient and outpatient surgical services.
Lawnwood is designated by the Joint Commission as a Certified
Primary Stroke Center. The Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF
accredited and we are designated a Level II Trauma Center by the
Florida Department of Health and verified by the American College
of Surgeons. We also offer a freestanding ER in Vero Beach
providing emergency treatment for adults and children closer to
home. Additionally Lawnwood offers the area's only Level III
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care
Unit (PICU). At Lawnwood patients come first - no matter what! We
invite you to work in a fast-paced environment with a team of top
healthcare professionals while enjoying a culturally vibrant, yet
laid-back quality of life centered on Treasure Coast beaches,
boating, fishing, community and the outdoors.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
The Operating Room RN provides nursing care in accordance with
established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
* Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the
patient before, during and after a surgical procedure.
* Provides nursing care to the patient undergoing surgical
* Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
* Participates in the care of patients receiving conscious
* Carries out physician orders.
* Administers prescribed medications, applies dressings, monitors
* Assists physician during procedures.
* Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations
which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
* Coordinates the operating room with respect to sterility,
cleanliness, availability of functioning equipment and
* Ensures the proper handling of specimens.
* Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment
* FL RN Licensure, or
* Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing
Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and
* Current BLS & ACLS Certifications as a Healthcare Provider
(American Heart Association).
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
* RN Operating Room experience required
* Customer service abilities including effective listening
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending,
reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or
equipment up to 50 lbs.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, Fort Pierce , Registered Nurse (RN) Open Heart, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!