RN / Registered Nurse / Florida / Permanent / Registered Nurse (RN) En
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: March 11, 2020
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
**Sign On Bonus For Qualified Candidates! Registered Nurse, Endo,
Full-Time (1.0 FTE), Days
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL Facility Description: Lawnwood Regional Medical
Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering
a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced
Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast and offers diagnostic,
interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery.
Other hospital services include a 24/7 emergency department,
pediatric emergency department, labor/delivery and birthing,
pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic
services, and a full range of inpatient and outpatient general
surgical services. Lawnwood provides the areas only Level III
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric
Intensive Care Unit and Comprehensive Stroke Center. Lawnwood is
accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as Certified
Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwoods Physical Rehabilitation Center is
CARF accredited and the hospital is a Five-Star Recipient for the
Treatment of Heart Attack by Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional
Medical Center & Heart Institute, patients come first no matter
what! Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the nations
leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of
America. Historically, HCA has been named one of Ethispheres Worlds
Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits:
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
student loan repayment, employee discount program, and employee
stock purchase program. Position Description: The Endoscopy RN
provides nursing care in accordance with established policies,
procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks
and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the
patient before, during and after the procedure.
- Provides nursing care to the patient undergoing endoscopic
- Participates in the care of patients receiving conscious
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, applies dressings, monitors
- Assists physician during examination and procedures.
- Coordinates the procedure room with respect to sterility,
cleanliness, availability of functioning endoscopic equipment and
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Qualifications
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions)
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Current BLS & ACLS Certifications (American Heart Association)
as a Healthcare Provider
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds. Notice Our Company's recruiters
are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and
we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking here .For questions about your job
Keywords: HCA., Fort Pierce , RN / Registered Nurse / Florida / Permanent / Registered Nurse (RN) En, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!