Patient Care Technician (PCT) Medical Surgical
Company: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: December 29, 2019
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (PCT)
ONCOLOGY MEDICAL SURGICAL
PART-TIME NIGHTS FTE 0.6
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed
acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is
home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast
and offers diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic care,
including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include a
24/7 emergency department, pediatric emergency department,
labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology,
nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, and a full range of
inpatient and outpatient general surgical services. Lawnwood
provides the area's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit,
Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and
Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as
Certified Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwood's Physical Rehabilitation
Center is CARF accredited and, for 11 years in a row, the hospital
is a Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of Heart Attack by
Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart
Institute, patients come first - no matter what!
LAWNWOOD REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER IS A MEMBER OF THE NATION'S
LEADING PROVIDER OF HEALTHCARE SERVICES, HOSPITAL CORPORATION OF
AMERICA. HISTORICALLY HCA HAS BEEN NAMED ONE OF ETHISPHERE'S
WORLD'S MOST ETHICAL COMPANIES. JOIN OUR TRADITION OF
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, student loan repayment program, and
employee stock purchase program.
Working under the supervision of a nursing, the CNA performs
various patient care activities necessary in caring for the
personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and
* Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal
* Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
* Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and
* Assists patients in ambulating.
* Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
* Performs non sterile dressing changes.
* Passes and collects bed pans.
* Changes bed linens.
* Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment
* Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
* Successful completion of a nursing assistant training program
* State certification as a CNA
* Previous hospital experience preferred
* Working knowledge of medical terminology.
* Customer service abilities including effective listening
* Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition
with minimal supervision.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending,
reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or
equipment up to 50 pounds.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated
with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients
and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual
orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or any other legally protected category in
accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, Fort Pierce , Patient Care Technician (PCT) Medical Surgical, Healthcare , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!